Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Am I allowed to fish here?

Default Am I allowed to fish here?

Hello,
    Long time member, not much of activity... I will do better on posting ^ ^;
    I recently started salt water fishing, and I've been hitting LB Jetty for quite some time. Only landing short barracuda and Lizard fish :(
    I really want to try out shore fishing, but I am not sure which beach I can fish off of. (I heard that some beach is off access for shore fishing). I work from Irvine (full time) and only time I have is Friday after work (around 4PM, and unfortunately I do not have enough time to drive up & down the shore to find a spot & family to attend to on weekends).
    Am I allowed to fish this area? 33.618479,-117.939566
    Some advise will be greatly appreciated. :) (I'm not asking for secret spots!!! I know it is very sensitive data :)
    Thank you.

On the shore at Newport Beach, yes you can... good luck!

Awesome.
    You got me hooked on LC... lol
    Thanks again.

Yes you can, with a qualifier. If there are too many people on the beach to "safely" fish there the lifeguards will ask you to leave. It is up to the lifeguards to determine if its safe to fish or not. They'll kick you out if they don't think its safe.

well I guess the better question would be any advise on how to find out if surf fishing is allowed or not before heading out to a specific location? maybe you guys can point us to a dfg map or something? and Sorry for hijacking your thread noob

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTube View Post
    well I guess the better question would be any advise on how to find out if surf fishing is allowed or not before heading out to a specific location? maybe you guys can point us to a dfg map or something? and Sorry for hijacking your thread noob
    Here you go...
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/mpa/mpa_summary.asp

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTube View Post
    No problem. That was next question that I was going to ask. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Thanks for the information. This is what I was looking for!!!