Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canelo versus Mayweather

^^^Now let's start THIS debate.

Some call it "superb defense." Others call it "running away from his opponent."

What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    Ouch!

Good one!!!!!!!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    ^^^Now let's start THIS debate.

Some call it "superb defense." Others call it "running away from his opponent."

What say you?
    I say doing whatever it takes to win...like him or not, I'm judging him solely from a boxing perspective. He is a good boxer, quick, good counter puncher, & defensive minded. It's too bad him & Manny couldn't fight in thier prime. This is why I don't care for boxing now as compared to the 80's/90's when the best fought the best.

BTW, I like Manny too. I have a Filipino wife & friends, just love to rib about Manny

MM
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 09-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.

A good boxers defense keeps him from getting hit. Mayweather has gone multiple rounds in a row in fights and hasn't been hit flush...His defense is his best offense simple as that. That being said, If he stands and trades with Canelo that will be a bad idea because Canelo will put him on his back. Canelo will be walking int the ring about 171 lbs or so that's my only worry about this fight. I hope he doesn't tire late. It will be in Canelos best interest to try to win every round he can early because Mayweather will be there all fight and Im not sure Canelo will win the last few rounds. In my opinion Canelo will need to drop Floyd to win a decision...But I don't thin it will go that far...Ask Trout if Canelo hits hard. canelo put Trout on his back with his power and I think he'll do the same thing to Mayweather... An Upset is brewing boys!!!!

Pete

well that didn't work out!! hahaha

I gave Canelo one round.

But I was probably drunk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12