Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL '13-'14 OFF SEASON Thread Brought to you by Centinela Orthopedic

Donny Baseball back for at least another season... 2015 will be our year!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Donny Baseball back for at least another season... 2015 will be our year!
    Donnie got the ole high school boy treatment when the girls tells you, "I don't really like you, but I have nobody else to go to prom with this year, and although you didn't take the hints, it's all right, because I do need a date for prom."

How fun! He's gonna LOVE managing the team next year knowing the noose is already around his neck.

Yes fire all the coaches they are the ones striking out and making all the fielding errors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Yes fire all the coaches they are the ones striking out and making all the fielding errors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    And who puts those players into the line up, TO?

Nobody wishes more than CG and I do that Donny Baseball turns out to really be one of the greatest minds in baseball skipper-dom - but right at the moment, I'd say the issue is still very much in doubt.

Dodgers Decline Options On Mark Ellis, Chris Capuano

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...s-capuano.html

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#CLEANHOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Dodgers Decline Options On Mark Ellis, Chris Capuano

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...s-capuano.html

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#CLEANHOUSE
    meh, those two were not the problem.

AJ ellis past balls, League, Hanley made of glass, Kemp made of glass, CC made of plexiglss, relying too much on guys like Skippy, Puto, Hairston, inconsistent lineups with dead weight because of injuries or scared of injury lineups

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    meh, those two were not the problem.

AJ ellis past balls, League, Hanley made of glass, Kemp made of glass, CC made of plexiglss, relying too much on guys like Skippy, Puto, Hairston, inconsistent lineups with dead weight because of injuries or scared of injury lineups

I dunno...Capuano eating almost 10 million a year to do nothing? MEllis doing very little with the bat when needed and having absolutely zero pop?

Injuries are part of the game, every team is going to face them. Hopefully with Quagga's BFFL Sue FALSEone gone, the injury bug will also have packed its bags as well. Too bad Buntingly wasn't shown the door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I dunno...Capuano eating almost 10 million a year to do nothing? MEllis doing very little with the bat when needed and having absolutely zero pop?

Injuries are part of the game, every team is going to face them. Hopefully with Quagga's BFFL Sue FALSEone gone, the injury bug will also have packed its bags as well. Too bad Buntingly wasn't shown the door as well.
    Injuries are! But not weak *** walking home slipping on home plate injury, or Hanleys puss *** grass blade cuts when he makes dive attempts.

I'll grant you the salary on Cappy but who gives a flick? They go money. He was just used over his ability.

Nothing wrong with Ellis. Not one team has pop at every position especially at 2B.

This Dodger team had what it took to win it all this year, but for injuries

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Injuries are! But not weak *** walking home slipping on home plate injury, or Hanleys puss *** grass blade cuts when he makes dive attempts.

I'll grant you the salary on Cappy but who gives a flick? They go money. He was just used over his ability.

Nothing wrong with Ellis. Not one team has pop at every position especially at 2B.

This Dodger team had what it took to win it all this year, but for injuries
    Cmon, CB. I'll give you the Kemp injuries. But Hanley's 3 major injuries were legitimate, from his ligament issues in his thumb in the beginning of the year, to his hamstring and finally to his cracked ribs.

And there is nothing wrong with Ellis at all. I just think that if the Guerrero kid pans out, Ellis gets knocked down in the depth chart. No need to be paying that kind of money to a bench player, so I'm sure they'll start bargaining after declining the option.

Having said that:

Team Options:
    Capuano: Declined (contract was for $7m, instead Dodgers chose a $1m buyout)
    Ellis: Declined (contract was for $5.75m, instead Dodgers chose a $1m buyout)

FA Pitchers:
    Capuano (See above)
    Nolasco (Considering his AMAZING performance in September and October, he's gone.)
    Volquez (Crappy rental, will be someone else's problem next year)
    Wilson (I think his great performance will peek interests of other clubs who will give him more money. He's gone.)
    Howell (We always need a left handed Leprechaun on the team. I think the FO will extend a contract offer)
    Marmol (This guy's a wild card. He had flashes of brilliance, but last thing we need is to extend him an offer and then DFA him weeks later because he sucks)

FA Fielders:
    Uribe (I think he's earned a new contract)
    Punto (FO seems to like the guy. Plus you can't separate him and Shoemach)
    Schumaker (Can't separate him from Punto or else the world will collapse)
    MEllis (See above)
    Hairston (Just retire)
    Young (Apparently he has naked pictures of Don Mattingly which explained his 42 plate appearances during the Postseason. Thus, he will blackmail the FO for another year)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast