Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UCLA Football, 2 in a Row over USC!

[QUOTE=cutbait;709006]
    Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post

Did I say I ever graduated?

NOPE!

I got another reason to love the University with all my heart.

My son was 6 days old in 2006 when he was dying in my bed between my wife and I. We got him to the hospital here in Bakersfield and he was flown via helicopter to UCLA. There, the best hospital in the state, and probably the best pediatric heart surgeon successfully saved my sons life. He had the heart reconstruction surgery known as T.A.P.V.R. Look it up!

After surgery, he tried to pass away 3 times, the staff in ICU brought him back each time. He is now and forever disabled due to the lack of oxygen to his brain from the events.

Does this qualify to be a UCLA fan? Even though I didn't graduate?

Not even a heartless USC fan/graduate could blame a sports nut for instantly aligning oneself with the university?

Here is a pic of my wife with my son in ICU. {we took these pics incase we were never able to take him home}

In that photo, my sons chest is propped open to avoid chest cavity swelling, he is wrapped up in blankets, so my wife and I didn't have to look into my sons chest cavity.

Here is my son 6 years later with me. Take a close look at the hat

While his heart condition has been repaired, he still is suffering with crossed eyes. He will be having corrective eye surgery at??? YOU GUESSED IT... UCLA!!

I took the opportunity this Monday while I was there to celebrate the victory on facebook with some other rotten SC fans...

I dunno? Am I wrong for loving the university so much?

HUH SC fan?

I'm all in!
    Being one that loves the game of poker and plays,

That's a ROYAL FLUSH! BEST HAND IVE SEEN ALL YEAR!

Agreed on cutest kid ever! Jack is truly a miracle baby!

Can't wait for you to bring him fishing with us!

If this story doesn't just about convert a USC FAN TO UCLA,

Then I don't know what to say!!

[QUOTE=cutbait;709006]
    Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post

Did I say I ever graduated?

NOPE!

I got another reason to love the University with all my heart.

My son was 6 days old in 2006 when he was dying in my bed between my wife and I. We got him to the hospital here in Bakersfield and he was flown via helicopter to UCLA. There, the best hospital in the state, and probably the best pediatric heart surgeon successfully saved my sons life. He had the heart reconstruction surgery known as T.A.P.V.R. Look it up!

After surgery, he tried to pass away 3 times, the staff in ICU brought him back each time. He is now and forever disabled due to the lack of oxygen to his brain from the events.

Does this qualify to be a UCLA fan? Even though I didn't graduate?

Not even a heartless USC fan/graduate could blame a sports nut for instantly aligning oneself with the university?

Here is a pic of my wife with my son in ICU. {we took these pics incase we were never able to take him home}

In that photo, my sons chest is propped open to avoid chest cavity swelling, he is wrapped up in blankets, so my wife and I didn't have to look into my sons chest cavity.

Here is my son 6 years later with me. Take a close look at the hat

While his heart condition has been repaired, he still is suffering with crossed eyes. He will be having corrective eye surgery at??? YOU GUESSED IT... UCLA!!

I took the opportunity this Monday while I was there to celebrate the victory on facebook with some other rotten SC fans...

I dunno? Am I wrong for loving the university so much?

HUH SC fan?

I'm all in!
    Great story! Go Bruins!

-b

Good looking kid CB. I think he needs some more Bruins gear for Christmas.
    I worked at UCLA main hospital in the 80's. That place is huge, more corridors than the Pentagon.
    DR

Great story... sorry for the rough road ... but God may bless you more as you continue to travel the road you're on.
    If the same story had happened to take place at another hospital ... or if at County USC ... would you be an SC fan?
    I've got just as big or bigger story to tell ... medically ... got a book published about us ... FYI

I can't deny or reply to your reasons for backing UCLA ... nor would it be appropriate for me to do it. But my question was aimed at why you like all other Bruins have to rag on SC ... and what qualifies you to do so. Whenever I've been in a public gathering and encountered a Bruin fan ... they will always start something.

Like I suspected ... I haven't seen anyone state when they graduated from UCLA (thus they are wannabes)
    More important the whole issue of behavior ... and lack of class has been avoided or sidestepped ... no surprise

Your school ... no I should say the one you root for ... should issue an apology for indecent behavior ... then would it make more sense for me to say "good game ... etc" ???

BTW ... I said the better team won ... not your exact request ... but?
    Last edited by billy b; 12-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    HAHA,

More proof SC filled the void of Raiders when they moved back to Oakland!

Simmer down now!
    Typical bRuin intelligence ... we were there before they came ... and are there after ... now own the place ... we don't freeload like the bRuins
    Your job as a bRuin fan is to take care of the Rose Bowl for us

This has been a SC football town ... where football is king
    Your a fading basketball school
    Have you ever seen us get overly excited about a couple or few wins over UCLA in basketball?

How about stepping up to the issue lodged initially ... I'll explain it again ... and you get someone who can read ... with comprehension ...
    How about the behavior or the team?

[QUOTE=MikesOcean;709013]
    Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Being one that loves the game of poker and plays,

That's a ROYAL FLUSH! BEST HAND IVE SEEN ALL YEAR!

Agreed on cutest kid ever! Jack is truly a miracle baby!

Can't wait for you to bring him fishing with us!

If this story doesn't just about convert a USC FAN TO UCLA,

Then I don't know what to say!!
    I'm not surprised you don't know what to say.
    I'm sold on the Med Center ... not the school ... or the team ... or fans

How about being married to an Outstanding Alum Honoree from UCLA ... on all your half time commercials as an Outstanding Alum ... who bailed on UCLA after the Handicap scandal ... the Cory Paus 3 DUIs - which weren't addressed until after the SC game ... and the fact that he's been up here thrown in jail in Bridgeport for drunkenness ... thumbs up to the bruins

Don't remember any of this? Don't get in the conversation with educated people

Behavior of the team?

What right do you have to cry behavior while USC is still on suspension for cheating?

You've got a lot of pent up animosity for the blue and gold don't you?

Biw about the bulletin board material from "your" team about the little boys?

Surely class act on part of trojans
    Last edited by cutbait; 12-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Biw about the bulletin board material from "your" team about the little boys?

(Didn't even hear about it)

Anything significant from your player popping off?

Keep on ignoring the accusations about the behaviors on the field ... not one ... not two ... but three ... which falls in line with Ruins celebrating an injury in last year's game + hurting a person's chance to earn a living = typical bRuin stuff, I assume

Surely class act on ... ?

I tell ya what?

Your right!

I apologize profusely for the on field actions. I will call the Uni tomorrow and as a million dollar contributor me and my insurance company have been to the Uni, I will demand they apologize publicly for the on field actions this game and the celebration of Trojan injury.

I will also ask the uni to come up with an original fight song and proclaim they were second to so cal.

Anything else you request that can make you feel better?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123