Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Seg hard swimbaits any good?

Default Seg hard swimbaits any good?

I found these awesome looking baits on Amazon.com. Look great and have a really big color selection, good price, but has anyone used these 6 inch lures? I like these two RB Trout and carp, but checkout the other colors like the crappie and Golden Trout!

http://www.amazon.com/4-Seg-Sinking-Swimbait-Fishing

Well I guess I'll find out if they are any good. I went ahead and ordered one. It was only $7.80 so it's not a big loss if they are junk. I also did some research and it looks like they are either Banshee Swimbaits made by ABT Lures or knockoffs of them. Wish they had a Bluegill color.

You will be very impressed with the swimming action. They have great waking action on the surface. I have never owned one of these baits myself but my friend had a couple of them and I believe he has caught fish on them. You will definitely need to replace the hardware (hooks and rings). Check out the Banshee swimbait by ABT Lures. it's basically the same exact same lure. There should be some videos out there. I would buy a couple of them if they made a 10" or 12" size.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 01-02-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Hopefully they asked joe tomelleri's permission before using his art.

Dont even ask me how im able to spot things like that lol

smokehound- I'm not positive that these are Joe's art. I've got a book that shows a bunch of the Rainbows he's painted and I cannot find that greenish one. Doesn't mean it he didn't do it though. I think they are photo transfers or wraps of actual fish. By the way, Mr. Tomelleri's fish illustrations are probably the best I've ever seen. Simply awesome work.