Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Moonlight Fishing Santa Fe Dam (need tips and opinions)

Default Moonlight Fishing Santa Fe Dam (need tips and opinions)

Heading over to this event on Friday evening, they hold moonlight fishing every last Friday of the month at SFD. Any opinions on the event itself or good spots to fish at? Someone told me near the main entrance off the pier is a good spot and also on the very back side of the lake as well. Anyhow I am just going there to enjoy and have fun with friends but would like to catch a few cats.

its a place to fish,, not so much to catch tho....even in daytime..... tried for 2yrs nite events same with pudd...maybe 1 in 25guys will catch.. lots of bugs attracted to ur lights to the point its irritating and inconvient...... gud luck if u go.

Thanks a lot, I'll be more inclined to just consider this a 1-day camping trip with some fishing involved.

Place is hidden gem n nice place in sgv... Back lake is closed and patrolled by ranger each hour, and obviously no nite boat launching as well