Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pudd 7-1-14

Default Pudd 7-1-14

My dad and I went to the pudd last night from 7-9. My dad got a couple dinks on a drop shot and I got the skunk. Oh well, still fun to see my dad catch a couple.

The fish are shallow right now going after tons of shad. Tried some reaction baits (topwaters, crankbaits, etc.) but couldn't get any to bite.

Tight lines,
    BB

Good going for your dad...went last week and in the morning and yes...very active chasing bait fish...light coming up too early for me right now to get those ''at dawn'' fish...sure it's good BTW ..Have you learned how to walk the dog yet? it's a great technique
    Last edited by dday07; 07-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday07 View Post
    Good going for your dad...went last week and in the morning and yes...very active chasing bait fish...light coming up too early for me right now to get those ''at dawn'' fish...sure it's good BTW..Have you learned how to walk the dog yet? it's a great technique
    Been working the spook lately. Got the technique down, but haven't had a blow up on it yet.

Hey Bass Boy..my bro and i were thinking of hitting up the North Shore tonite..have you been on that side lately? Curious how fishing's been over there..hows the weed growth? thanks
    Last edited by dday07; 07-03-2014 at 07:14 AM.

That was actually where we were fishing. We wanted to try it out and he caught a couple dinks.

The weeds are not too bad and there are a lot of shad right near the shoreline with some small bass chasing them. I did see a couple big ones jumping out a lot further, which is why I tried the spook. Just one warning, that area gets hammered by wind constantly.

Good luck

Oh yeah, we were fishing the rocky beach by the umbrellas.
    Last edited by Bass Boy 14; 07-03-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks for info...yeah, wind always a pain on that side