Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reseda Park Lake?

Default Reseda Park Lake?

Tell me- does anyone ever fish this old mud hole anymore?
    I did 50 yrs ago as a teenager. Only place I could bicycle to and fish
    Caught bullheads, sometimes lots of them.

I can vouch for bullheads in the 1980's, but haven't fished it since...

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    I can vouch for bullheads in the 1980's, but haven't fished it since...
    I've never fished there, but I've lived nearby most of my life. It used to contain fish. However, since then, it's been emptied and refurbished. Whether they replanted it, I don't know. If you fish it, teach others, preferably kids. It's a good place to learn to love fishing

I now live 500 miles away from there but always wanted to get a truck load of bluegills to dump in there and go teach kids to fish on the weekends. Might be an interesting project if the city would allow it.
    I take my grandson to a city mud hole in Houston every time I'm there to catch a few BGs just to keep him interested. He loves it!
    BTW, I fished it in the early 60s !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    It's a little late now, but I lived in Panorama City in the early 60's, and there was good fishing to be had if you biked up above Hansen Dam, where Big Tujunga creek ran through some privately owned rock quarries. It was ninja fishing before the term was invented...you had to hide your bike in the bushes, crawl under a fence, and watch out for the truck patrol, but bass and bluegill were plentiful...you could literally catch bluegill on an unbaited gold salmon egg hook with a bobber...good times...only got caught once.

I last fished this pond around 2001. Sun fish and goldfish mostly.
    I drive past it at least once a week now wondering if it hold anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    It's a little late now, but I lived in Panorama City in the early 60's, and there was good fishing to be had if you biked up above Hansen Dam, where Big Tujunga creek ran through some privately owned rock quarries. It was ninja fishing before the term was invented...you had to hide your bike in the bushes, crawl under a fence, and watch out for the truck patrol, but bass and bluegill were plentiful...you could literally catch bluegill on an unbaited gold salmon egg hook with a bobber...good times...only got caught once.
    Those were the day when Hansen dam was an actual lake..I caught my first fish ever from there when I was 4 (bluegill if I recall right). Boating, fishing,swimming, and sailing was popular at the lake. Off of Wentworth, there was a backwater part of the lake you had to hike into. If you did this, you were rewarded with nice bass and catfish..Days gone by...I played little league across the street and the family would go fishing after the game..Good ole days long gone....

I just moved out here, and passed by and noticed some water and was wondering the same thing. lacounty site says its allowed. I called and the operator says it's ok to fish, but they don't know when it gets stocked and what kind of fish either. sounded kinda fishy. I just got laid off so I might have to try it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleyounger View Post
    Those were the day when Hansen dam was an actual lake..I caught my first fish ever from there when I was 4 (bluegill if I recall right). Boating, fishing,swimming, and sailing was popular at the lake. Off of Wentworth, there was a backwater part of the lake you had to hike into. If you did this, you were rewarded with nice bass and catfish..Days gone by...I played little league across the street and the family would go fishing after the game..Good ole days long gone....
    That was probably Redwing Lake...a good place to catch yellow bullheads when the water was running strong into it...just a little downstream from the rock quarry. Good ole days indeed!

I wish it was still the "old mud hole" (it has long since been lined with concrete, the early 80's if I recall correctly),that's where I learned the ropes as a kid. Rode my bike back in the late 70's to get red worms from Fishing Tackle Unlimited (anyone remember that place?) and spent countless afternoons catching baby bass, sunfish, small channel cats and carp galore...usually finished up the day at the "Firehouse" across Victory for a late lunch and a few games of pinball....I think that's why I stayed out of trouble

I caught a decent sized catfish out of there last fall fishing mack close tight to the floating vegetation islands, saw a guy throwing a spinnerbait and he said he has caught a few bass there. I didn't see him catch a bass, but did see him catch a purse with $7 in it though LOTS of those red ear turtles in the pond. So if you're soaking bait and get an odd "run", that's what it probably is....hopefully with time (and another kitty stock or two) this place will be worth visiting again.

If you need a bent rod fix, Balboa tilapia are going off right now on crawler pieces and the small carp are all over the corn tortillas....

Good luck and post up if you get anything aside from a turtle at Reseda!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 07-16-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast