Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reseda Park Lake?

Hey good to know. Been to balboa twice for nothing. May try for tilapia or carp just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by hombre_jaguar View Post
    I just moved out here, and passed by and noticed some water and was wondering the same thing. lacounty site says its allowed. I called and the operator says it's ok to fish, but they don't know when it gets stocked and what kind of fish either. sounded kinda fishy. I just got laid off so I might have to try it out soon.
    I don't think the county stocks it at all. People drop their fish in there so you may be surprised at what you catch.
    Last edited by SO818CAL; 07-18-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I wish it was still the "old mud hole" (it has long since been lined with concrete, the early 80's if I recall correctly),that's where I learned the ropes as a kid. Rode my bike back in the late 70's to get red worms from Fishing Tackle Unlimited (anyone remember that place?) and spent countless afternoons catching baby bass, sunfish, small channel cats and carp galore...usually finished up the day at the "Firehouse" across Victory for a late lunch and a few games of pinball....I think that's why I stayed out of trouble

I caught a decent sized catfish out of there last fall fishing mack close tight to the floating vegetation islands, saw a guy throwing a spinnerbait and he said he has caught a few bass there. I didn't see him catch a bass, but did see him catch a purse with $7 in it though LOTS of those red ear turtles in the pond. So if you're soaking bait and get an odd "run", that's what it probably is....hopefully with time (and another kitty stock or two) this place will be worth visiting again.

If you need a bent rod fix, Balboa tilapia are going off right now on crawler pieces and the small carp are all over the corn tortillas....

Good luck and post up if you get anything aside from a turtle at Reseda!

TD
    was that the tackle shop off of Reseda and Hart?

I'll have to give Balboa another shot. My son and I use to catch tons of fish there. At the start of this year, it seems like all the fish disappeared, so we stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by SO818CAL View Post
    was that the tackle shop off of Reseda and Hart?
    That was the spot, big blue building on the West side of the street....

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    That was the spot, big blue building on the West side of the street....

TD
    Yes I remember that place... now I go to Turners to get worms

Hey good to know. Been to balboa twice for nothing. May try for tilapia or carp just for kicks.
    I love Balboa, mainly just to get in a nice relaxation session while I wet the line. I use flour tortilla and bring up some decent size Tilapia. Last time I was there I pulled up 5 good ones!

Just got back from Balboa...Troutdog wasn't lying. My son caught a few carp and tilapia with nightcrawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by SO818CAL View Post
    Just got back from Balboa...Troutdog wasn't lying. My son caught a few carp and tilapia with nightcrawlers.
    Great way to spend a few hours with your kid

TD

Good to know! What do you do? Like Carolina rig with a small three prong treble hook? Or bobber with a small single prong?
    Thanks!

Good to know! What do you do? Like Carolina rig with a small three prong treble hook? Or bobber with a small single prong?
    Thanks!
    I like the bobber under a standard single hook, may want to switch it up and ditch the bobber and use a small splitshot weight....sometimes the bigger tilapia seem to hug the bottom, while the dinks are up top (not always, but something to remember if you are getting only smaller models)

Have fun guys, get the kids out there and gettum hooked!

TD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast