Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lets get a lake open in Norwalk, Ca

Default Lets get a lake open in Norwalk, Ca

Hello anglers in the 38th district or anywhere else for that matter. I have emailed congresswomen Linda Sanchez about opening up a lake in the city of Norwalk for all the fishermen to enjoy. The city is in the process of attempting to buy unused government land at the old jet fuel farm on Norwalk Blvd. The land would be used to extend Holifield Park and I think its about damn time that Norwalk Ca built a lake for the local anglers in the surrounding areas. If you can email Linda Sanchez and let her know you support this idea that would be great, thanks guys.

Born, raised, and still live in Norwalk. I played youth baseball at Holifield Park. Its not a great area to hang out in. There's a few lakes around that are not in gang infested territory, Cerritos Park, Wilderness, El Dorado Park, and La Mirada Park. The city would be better off building soccer fields there to get the adult leagues and youth leagues out of our local school yards. They're destroying the yards of the schools. The traffic, noise and loitering belongs in a park. Im not feeling you on this one. Also I have heard that the Big League Dreams chain has their eyes on that location. Don't be surprised if the city lets them develop the site. Big League Dreams facilities partner with the cities they are in. Its very lucrative deal for a city with land they can't afford to develop themselves...

I understand your concern, the area is less then ideal but what would change even if baseball field were built there? Don't need anymore little leagues or soccer leagues in Norwalk, we need our own fishing spot for our youth to learn the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by georatm View Post
    I understand your concern, the area is less then ideal but what would change even if baseball field were built there? Don't need anymore little leagues or soccer leagues in Norwalk, we need our own fishing spot for our youth to learn the trade.
    Will the funds come from tax payer money in the area, or property taxes?

It wouldn't make sense someone from, let's say the Valley, having their tax money appropriated to create a lake in Norwalk, would it?

It doesn't make any sense and I dont wana pay for it either. Geo you missed my whole point about the leagues specifically soccer. I dont want anymore leagues either. I want somewhere for them to play soccer on a soccer field. Soccer is by far the most sport in Norwalk. Put all the leagues in the park on "soccer fields" and get all the bs that goes along with them in the park where it belongs...

You know this is coming from the biggest fish pig that ever came down the pipe. Me!!!!!!!!! So when I say's this it comes from the heart. Without the Catfish plants coming any more from the DFG, the park lakes during the summer months are hardly used anymore. I live 3 minutes away from La Mirada regional park and I pass by Downey Wilderness going to my office every day. I hardly see anybody ever fishing those lakes during the summer months any more. I'll use La Mirada lake as my example, even without the catfish plants could I still catch a LMB or a nice size carp on any given day. The answer is Hell YES!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately you do need a little bit of skill to do that and you shouldn't kill the fish even if you catch one. So with that being said, without the catfish plants and a needed size improvement of the stocked Trout. The park fishing lakes are a great idea, but the reality is they need more then just water in a hole surrounded by grass to be some thing special for the fishing community to embrace.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Good points guys, I'll still lobby and at least I know I tried.

8. Default

Were in a drought