Thanks guys. Shinbob you are correct in that the area around Boulder is generally reedy. However, this late in the season the reeds have shrunk and died back considerably. Also, with the water level down a bit, much more of the lake shoreline is walkable. It would be very possible to walk the entire shoreline from there to the swim beach, tossing a Kastmaster or Thomas Buoyant.

Oh and yeah...the water is NOT 32 degrees. The transducer cable on my portable FF has gotten pretty worn and frayed. Temp probe seems to have stopped working some time ago and now sometimes the depth readings are becoming unreliable as well. Torn between getting a new transducer (the cheap option) or a nice new unit with color and side scanning, so I can see all the fish I'm not catching in glorious detail.

Simijab and Scott, best of luck on your upcoming trips. This is a great time to be in the mountains. The scenery is starting to look a little barren and dry in some places with the drought, but the heavily forested Mammoth area is holding up well. Even those hardy pines will need water soon, though.