Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Slow on Owens and small fish on Gull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maybe but you are not the only one that has fished for that long up there. The only place I will fish Gull is in the back so yea I know the deal but my point is an anecdotal good trip in the month that the fish are being stocked regularly is not an indicator or the health of the stocking program, remember I wrote early and late season are when plants are being affected most. Gull as indicated is a small lake with a decent stocking program. Other lakes are going to fish well also where the DFW decides to be more generous. It's the overall health of the areas trout population that I am referring to so congratulations on your trip and I'm sure others had decent trips also but if you think that the amount of fish being stocked is satisfactory then I think you are wrong.

Besides after all those fish you caught in the pictures were likely not DFW fish unless they dumped a crapload of breaders in there.
    Last edited by seal; 10-03-2016 at 07:52 AM.