I was up to Clear lake twice this year. Why?? Because i'm from Central California and my grandpa like going there. So I was up there April 8th weekend and the weekend of June 10th. The bass and crappie and bluegill are on a frenzy. You can limit out within a couple hours. Bass probably in less than an hour. I didnt get a chance to fish for catfish, because I was mostly after crappie and fixing pole for kids. BUT this one guy that was up there did log in 35 cats. NO LIMIT up there. They were substantially smaller this year averaging around 4 and 5 pounds. He did have a 17.8 tho. The Crappie were biting pretty strong at times and sometime slow. By Slow, I mean about 4 or 5 an hour. Other times you can get like 7 in a row. So it was somewhat slower than last year. But at times. EVERYBODY was catching them. My 88 year old grandparents had doubles. I Personally caught over 100 between Friday morning and Sunday morning. Long story short. GO. I've only gone out 4 times this year. Henshaw once, Salton Sea once and Clear lake twice. New job and no spare time. Hopefully, I can go out once or twice before dove season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170609_155544.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	50090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170610_075631.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	50089