Quote Originally Posted by gokuguy View Post
We were there for the opener too. Got to the lake at 430 am to a half mile long line of cars. Ran out of boats so we hiked up a bit past the docks/pier areas and fished off some rocks. Eeked out about 4 between 5 of us between 7 am and noon

Went back to the car to eat and ended up renting a boat for the last half of the day. My dad and one of my buddies in one boat and me and my other two friends in another boat. Anchored up at the east end near the buoys and did pretty well for the last few hours of the day. A couple on a kastmaster, a catfish on powerbait, and the rest caught evenly on powerbait and mini jigs. Ended up with about 12 trout and 1 catfish between both boats the last 2-3 hours we were fishing. Mini jigging definitely wasn't wide open but pretty steady with lots of short strikes. Like etucker says....a thousand casts. Lol. Lost a couple big ones too. Tough and long day but the boat saved the day!!!
I saw you guy's in the corner by the buoy line. (that's why I mentioned it as one of the Hot spots in the East end) I think you guy's did better then anyone else I saw that afternoon down there. Congratulations in sticking it out all day and in making a decent catch!