Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
It's funny you mentioned Irvine Regional. I went there for bait fishing and discovered two major problems. #1 If you bait fish from the bottom up, your bait gets consumed by weeds. #2 The lake is consumed with "jiggers". Jiggers have a different set of ethics than bait fishermen. They are wall to wall and if you are catching fish at your spot they will overpower you like a Pelican does to a cormorant. It is every man for himself and there is no spacing rules amongst them. The jiggers target the smaller ponds and they invade them like an army. I have to admit they know what they are doing and will out catch the bait fishermen somewhere like 6 to 1. For every fish a bait fishermen catches they will catch 6 or more. It doesn't take long for those guys to empty those small lakes because they are stocked with less pounds. It is certainly not peaceful or enjoyable to bait fish there. I don't saying anything to those guys who crowd into me because I was fishing from the bottom up and they are fishing on top, they are pretty accurate at their casting skills, and there are too many of them to hassle. They are like a fraternity. That being said if you are going to fish the smaller lakes like Irving Regional, Carbon Canyon, Yorba Linda, or Milesquare, you should be aware of what you are going to run into.
That's very true especially at Ralph B. and Irvine Regional. (the clear water lakes work best for jiggers) But the dirtier lakes like Carbon Canyon and others. Not as much as a problem! Lol