Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Correct Uneven Line Lay on Spinning Reels! Use Shims!

Default Correct Uneven Line Lay on Spinning Reels! Use Shims!

How To Easily Install Shim Gears on Spinning Reels!

A lot of anglers aren't aware of uneven line height on spinning reels. Once discovered most don't know what to do. This is an issue that i never had to fix as i never suffer from uneven line lay. But recently a viewer to my channel was having issues of this on his spinners. I tried my best to explain what to do & realized i've never had to address this issue on my channel. Verbally. And it's hard to explain in words how to properly correct this issue.

So i decided to do a video explaining what causes this & how to easily work through it. Since i don't have any uneven reel spools around i had to improvise with a drawing. But i did open a new recent reel to point out exactly what to do in high resolution that seems to be lacking on addressing this issue currently on YouTube. I hope this'll help those new anglers out that are either just getting into fishing or have recently suffered similar line lay problems.

The anglers who suffer the most on this are the newbies who purchase used spinning reels without the original boxes that have the instructions & extra shims in them. Most tackle shops should have some generic shims. Or try eBay as Amazon seems to have only Penns. I hope this will help out the new anglers getting into our sport.

https://youtu.be/JS82B42p7LU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover- Shims .jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	54274