Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/26 FYI...Tickets for tying up to the buoys......$75

I DONT KNOW WHAT WAS WORSE BIG DADDY,THAT CHICKENSHIT STEALING MY FISH AND NOT ABLE TO LOOK ME IN THE FACE OR THAT MONSTER PIG SPOOLING ME,,,,IF I WOULD HAVE HAD MY GUN I WOULDNT HAVE SHOT ANYBODY BUT THAT BOAT WOULD BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,

it's funny that someone brought this subject up.
    i have been meaning to find out what the rule are for being near the bouy line?

just 2 weeks ago, we fish near the bouy line with our anchor down and next to it (not tying up)and she was out there watching us and 10+ other boat and she did not mention or said anything to anyone. that day we had santa ana wind coming from the east and of course our boat and everyone else was rubbing against the bouy and she didn't even made a move or said anything. here the funny thing, by 3 in the afternoon everyone had left including her and now there 4 boat including us was in the same position and not tied up. by 3:45 she was on the intercom ( i gues there is one somewhere on the pump house) telling us to stay away from the bouy and "move back or you will be cited".
    THE POINT IS, WHAT THE RULE? nothing on the DVL site say anything regarding this.
    not trying to be an ***, but the fish is inside the bouy line.
    why don't they just put a sign out there and say " NO FISHING INSIDE THE BOUY LINE"!

dixoncider..... Thats a nice looking largie! Looks about 4lb. or so?

Good job.....

I have to ask, How deep is the water there?
    Are the fish being cough on the bottom or fly lined?

Bob how did you get spooled?
    Was the pig over 15lbs?
    I have to go to DVL!
    Home of this years two skunks!!!!!

Bass was just over 4. Waters real clear. Probably 15' vis

Congrats on your catch. I gotta make it out to DVL one of these days to get some linesides. A while back I was fishing Skinner and the patrol guy told us to un-hook from the buoy line, so we did (Didn't know we couldn't hook up to the buoy line) and said, "Sorry, didn't know that I couldn't hook onto the buoy line" he then says that it's a state law that you can't hook onto any buoy line.

Agree with an earlier post, maybe put up another line and charge a fee to use it.

Yesterday it seemed that everyone was hip to there game. when they saw the patrol boat coming everyone would move. No one was tied up that I saw and didn't see any tickets. Didn't make for a pleasant fishing experience with all the boat jocking around when ever the patrol came by. That whole deal over that is not my scene. there are fish to be caught over there though...

HEY KARL WAY OVER TWENTY,,,,,,,,IVE KILLED MORE THAN A DOZEN TWENTYS THIS YR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,

I saw three tickets get written up around me. She came out twice yesterday. (friday). In the morning the wind is coming out of the east so it would hold you up against the buoys but once the onshores took over you pretty much had to hold on to the buoy line if you wanted to fish inside it. I got some good fish yesterday. We got 8 fish. 5 of them over 8lbs and one 10.25 lbs. Love the buoyline! I did pickup a 25lb or maybe it's a 20lb navy anchor and it holds great even when it's not dug in. Like a rock down there. Cant wait to go back.

I was there on Sunday 10/17 and there was little to no wind all day long and the buoyline had boats tied to it all day long.
    I'm thinking that when the wind reaches a certain strength, they will chase you off so the buoyline won't break?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12