First time out there, and all I can say is dam, this place is huge, took us about 15-20 minutes to get to the buoy line in a rental (gotta invest in a bass boat =0) ) it was packed when we got there so we anchored about 100 ft away from the pack. Threw the fish finder (new to using a fish finder, still learning) out and metered a few fish in about 80ft threw sardines, anchovies and chicken liver for a big fat nothing. The fish finder start to go off and looks like a school is cruising in around the area, same thing, nothing, no bites or nibbles. So we pull up anchor (dam, it's a biatch to pull up a 35lb anchor using a 1/4" thick nylon rope that was 130 ft deep) Gotta get some thicker rope for my next trip out there. Back to the report. So we decide to hit a different spot. Ended up anchor in about 100 ft of water by a point (4 other boats fishing that area) see a guy pull up a schoolie striper and was thinking to myself, let's give this a try. Anchored up, fish finder out and the thing goes crazy, it reading a school of large and medium fish in 90 feet. So since my fish finder is reading (lower range is 100ft) and the fish are at 90ft, i drop sardine all the way to the bottom and crank up a bit, nothing, anchovies same thing, try dropshotting fluke same result nothing. Oh well, that's fishing. I'm still getting used to figuring out my fish finder and all. Well, that's it for now. I will be back and try to get some of those darn stripers that everyone is catching. I guess that it seems true about the bait thing. Got to get myself some fresh sardines next time out.