Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Coyote Lake Reservoir

Default Coyote Lake Reservoir

Beautiful spot, but fishing's always been pretty slow for us there.

Hit the lake late in the morning (about 11:30am) and trolled most of the day from the dam to the bouys. Hit 2 trout about 1lb each both on the same medium sized green rapalla lure. Buddy hit 1 trout on a chartreus/silver lure. Nothing else seemed to attract the trout and they had done a plant the prior tuesday. All the action was prior to 2:30. Nothing after.

Float tube bass tournament going on the whole day - not sure how many got creamed by the wake-boarders. Fish were probably all scared by the loud music pumping throughout the lake.

Exited the lake about 4:30.

where is this lake at?

Located just east of Gilroy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_Lake

I'm from Irvine, but was up visiting family in Gilroy and the Father-in-Law finds it really quick and easy to take the boat over for a few hours of fishing when we visit.

Not sure if this qualifies for a NorCal message board, but compared to Orange County, this IS Northern California :eek:

The guys in the tourney did so-so. 19 out of 39 guys brought in fish. Only one limit.

There are some BIG bass in that lake.

Last edited by BakoBassin; 04-28-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Is this the lake that you can see from the 101...or is it acctually in Gilroy?

Can't see it from the 101 - must exit Leavesely go east and wind your way up the hills and back to it. About 15 minutes from the 101.

Quote Originally Posted by etaggart View Post
    Beautiful spot, but fishing's always been pretty slow for us there.

Hit the lake late in the morning (about 11:30am) and trolled most of the day from the dam to the bouys. Hit 2 trout about 1lb each both on the same medium sized green rapalla lure. Buddy hit 1 trout on a chartreus/silver lure. Nothing else seemed to attract the trout and they had done a plant the prior tuesday. All the action was prior to 2:30. Nothing after.

Float tube bass tournament going on the whole day - not sure how many got creamed by the wake-boarders. Fish were probably all scared by the loud music pumping throughout the lake.

Exited the lake about 4:30.
    Fished the lake believe it or not in the 80's ther was no trout stockings at the time and no boat launch. My Dad use to take me when i was a kid. Bass and Crappie where the attractions. Lots of crappie gosh this lake was loaded with them. Never here about crappie from coyote anymore. I believe the lake went dry at least one time. We would always fish the dam or the back of the lake in the heavy cover. I bet it all changed. What wake-boarders? Anderson, Uvas, Chesbro, all had great crappie fishing. As for trout Anderson and Uvas were the only lakes stocked with trout. My Dad caught a tagged bass from Coyote worth 5 bucks for info and return of tag.

FISHNBEE