Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good spinning reel

And the reason to completely fill your reel? I am happy with 250 of 6lb. I have never had a problem catching trout, on 6lb line, compared to 2lb line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Haha sweet im on my way as soon as my girl gets back from helping at my sons school to BPS get my Saros 1000.

Now dont know what line to get. I have been using Maxima Ultragreen 4Lb on my cheap combo and has been doing the job well. Does anyone recommened anything else i might drop down to 2Lb Maxima Ultragreen
    Use this stuff to practice with if you like fluorocarbon.

You can get it at walmart in 4lb spools of 110yrds for like $6-7. Perfect fill for a Saros 1000.
    Works wonders for me for the price if I am very observant of the condition of the line and my drag settings.
    Fools wild trout on even the clearest of waters with my fly rod.

The blue box of vanish is much more forgiving than the more expensive gold one. (I don't like the gold box vanish myself)

When you learn to set your drag and use this stretchy vanish fluoro (or if you already know what's going on), look into higher end fluorocarbon at specialty shops. The line and the drag play equally important parts in landing those fatties!
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post

You can get it at walmart in 4lb spools of 110yrds for like $6-7. Perfect fill for a Saros 1000.
    Works wonders for me for the price if I am very observant of the condition of the line and my drag settings.

The blue box of vanish is much more forgiving than the more expensive gold one. (I don't like the gold box vanish myself)

When you learn to set your drag and use this stretchy vanish fluoro (or if you already know what's going on), look into higher end fluorocarbon at specialty shops. The line and the drag play equally important parts in landing those fatties!

Just got back from getting my new reel

While i was checking out the line so they can put it on for me before i left to save me some time i was going to get the Maxima Ultragreen but found a box of Maxima Fluorocarbon ? The Only Color they had was clear so i decieded to try this line the guy At BPS said it was new line that just came out so ill grapped it to try it out. Im new to the Fluorocarbon line so hopefully i like it after spending freakin 15 bucks for 200 Yrds.

You'll find Fluoro is a little stiffer than your normal maxima monofiliment.
    For this reason it will usually have less memory but be harder to work with (stiff fluoro will almost try to spring right off your reel when you cast it)

If you can find fluoro that's easy for you to work with, and you can build confidence in, then that's the stuff for you. If you find yourself having line twist and breakage all day even though you know you spooled it on right and nothing is cutting your line and your drag is dialed, try a different brand. There's a fluoro out there to fit everyone's needs. Some are soft and easy to cast and others are stiff and don't want to bend at all. Mostly personal preference on what brand and style you will like and learn to trust.

Make sure you don't overfill your spool too. A little less is better than a little more. Fluoro is so stiff sometimes it will start spilling off the spool if you used too much line.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-16-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    It was hard for me to believe aswell that shimano would suck.... My beef is with the stradic mgfb. For their second to the top reel im surprised the bail issue was that horrible. I still like the reel for its castability and drag system but the bail thing just gets annoying after a few cast and knowing you spent a ton of money on a messed up reel gets me feelin all pissy. Shimano still makes great calcutta reels and lucanus jigs....
    I will sale you my Quantum for 60 bucks call quantum explain the situation ask what repairs cost and bingo you made a great deal. Honestly i think it weighs more than most reels.
    Seriously cannot go wrong with the Saros 1000 I love it. It cast great no problems as of yet had mine a year or so. As for a beautiful reel cannot beat the quantum it changes colors in the sun. People start seeing this and want6 one A S A P.

FISHINGBEE

Quote Originally Posted by NOAHNATOR View Post
    And the reason to completely fill your reel?
    Well, with a properly filled reel, you achieve greater casting distance since the line is not as tightly coiled as it is close to the center of the spool, and the surface tension is less than if the line was laying closer to the lip. This in turn also provides less 'coils' and memory on the line with a properly filled spool.

Heres some pics of the new set-up

nice dude... very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    nice dude... very nice...
    Great choice you wont be disapointed. This reel is the bomb.

FISHINGBEE

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post

Are you a salesrep just wondering.

FISHINGBEE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast