Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avet SX

MXJ with the 800M, much better setup. You can fish 25/30 easily on that.

The SX I have it on an 800L and fish 20/25 on it. I had short flouro topshot's of 25# tied straight to 65# spectra and I was able to slay 30-40# yellowfin's at guadalupe last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    MXJ with the 800M, much better setup. You can fish 25/30 easily on that.

The SX I have it on an 800L and fish 20/25 on it. I had short flouro topshot's of 25# tied straight to 65# spectra and I was able to slay 30-40# yellowfin's at guadalupe last year.
    What do you think of the SX on the 800xl cork handle tossing light jigs?

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    What do you think of the SX on the 800xl cork handle tossing light jigs?
    It will do the job just remember the 800xl is rate 10-25, and the 800l is rated 15-30. The only problem I see with the xl is only if you run into something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    It will do the job just remember the 800xl is rate 10-25, and the 800l is rated 15-30. The only problem I see with the xl is only if you run into something big.
    Thanks RR. Good because thats what the guy at Johnny's recommended me and i got that. Spent more than what i wanted but i didnt want to be dissapointed. Its much lighter too.

I will buy something heavier next year. For this year, i have spent enough on gear.

Thanks
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    What were you fishing with though? IRON? BAIT?
    I was actually fishing bait. I'm assuming, from the sound of it, that you're interested in throwing irons. In this case it may not be the best reel for that. I like the Daiwa Saltists for throwing irons. You can definitely throw irons with the Avets but it requires some practice and getting used to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123