Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shimano Over-the-counter in SFV?

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    I broke my Shimano Crucial Drop Shot rod and need a replacement. Is there anywhere in the San Fernando Valley that has a good supply of Crucial rods and will do an over-the-counter replacement?

I called the Sport Chalet in Porter Ranch and they said they would only mail it to Shimano for me with a charge of around $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Go to Bob Sands in Van Nuys....they gave me a new crucial after my old one broke....no questions asked nothing paid,just excellent service from them! Any fishing store may change your rod for free if in stock,if not, they'll ship it and you'll pay only $20 for shipping on it....good luck!
    Fish 'n' Fools in Granada Hills (S.F. Road/Zelzah?) carries Shimano's. Give 'em a call and see if they'll do an over-the-counter warranty exchange.
    LW

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Go to Bob Sands in Van Nuys....they gave me a new crucial after my old one broke....no questions asked nothing paid,just excellent service from them! Any fishing store may change your rod for free if in stock,if not, they'll ship it and you'll pay only $20 for shipping on it....good luck!
    Thanks Geordy, Bob Sands was the way to go. They replaced my rod over-the-counter with no questions asked as you said. They even had my exact rod in stock so got lucky there as well. I was very surprised at the huge selection of stuff they had in there. Their pricing wasn't that great but they made up for it in customer service. I ended up buying a rod tube for my flight on Friday while I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    Thanks Geordy, Bob Sands was the way to go. They replaced my rod over-the-counter with no questions asked as you said. They even had my exact rod in stock so got lucky there as well. I was very surprised at the huge selection of stuff they had in there. Their pricing wasn't that great but they made up for it in customer service. I ended up buying a rod tube for my flight on Friday while I was there.
    Cool man! Those guys there are real cool and do have great customer service! I know about the pricing,but...eh? I'd rather pay a few extra cents or bucks instead of waiting for shipping or driving out far too.... They have a great selection of rods too so I buy some of my tackle there and bait too,,, lol ,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12