Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anybody using Zeke's anymore ... or Chroma Glow?

Default Anybody using Zeke's anymore ... or Chroma Glow?

I was just thinking I hadn't heard it mentioned. For a long time, my buddy and me were using Zeke's interchangably with PB. Yellow, Green, Orange, but never the rainbow swirl.

And now I guess things are moving more towards Gulp dough baits instead of the regular power baits ... and mini-jigs, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    I was just thinking I hadn't heard it mentioned. For a long time, my buddy and me were using Zeke's interchangably with PB. Yellow, Green, Orange, but never the rainbow swirl.

And now I guess things are moving more towards Gulp dough baits instead of the regular power baits ... and mini-jigs, eh?

From what I have heard about the Berkley Chroma Glow is that they are not going to be making it any more. I heard this months ago by someone who is sponsored by Berkley. I really liked the Chroma Glow. Worked great at Irvine Lake when it was still dark out first thing in the morning.

The Garlic power bait was HOT all last trout Season. I don't think the Berkley power baits will be gone any time soon. The plastics they are making are great and fun to fish with. I think its cool and hope they keep expanding this line.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 07-29-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Default in reply

I recall sitting just about on top of one of the aerators at GVL and hammering them with green Chroma-glow ... pretty much in the middle of the day.

No replies on Zeke's from anybody???

I use the zekes white. I get a lot of hits/fish on it. Stays on the hook good. Its more like wall putty than bait, but it works.
    Tim

I fish the berkley stuff my buddy the zekes. It rarely makes a difference unless I have some funky color in Berkley that he doesn't have in zekes.

only zekes i use is a 10yr old can of corn zekes. have to use the treble with the spring around it or else it flys off. works good if powerbait isnt working but now that they have garlic pb i think thats the best. i just buy 1 jar and put a little bit in all my other jars and then they all smell like garlic lol.