Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: UL Bluegill jigs

Default UL Bluegill jigs

Close up of the Chubs

Attachment 15092
    Last edited by d1LedHed; 01-19-2010 at 03:35 PM.

I saw these on the other site. Awesome dude! How hard is it to put those little blades into the split rings? Your eyes are better than mine! Do you hang a cricket on that or does that kill the action?
    Sent you a PM...

Nice.
    I heard people tip their jigs with crickets to give them a fatter profile for bigger gills. Looks like you wouldn't need to tip that there jig to get the bigger gills to strike it with that spoon on there.

Cool little lures. I wish I had the patience to fish those type of things. Some of you bluegill fisherman are pretty good at what you do.

FM
    Been using jump rings instead of the split rings - lots easier. Crickets still work but you gotta fish them extra slow.

TJ
    They work with and with out the cricket. I use crickets with the jigs because it increases the odds of getting bit - all about hedging a bet.

Dude those are sick. Do you pour them yourself? If so, I might be interested in a few in 1/8oz - 1/4oz.

My bad. As I look closer at the pics, I do see that they are jump rings.