Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New Shimano Core 51mg

Default New Shimano Core 51mg

I just ordered one, and was wondering what rod you guys think I should pair this reel up with? I will be putting 10lb flouro on the reel and I think I will be using this as my texas rigged worm rod. Any suggestions?

Absolutely, a Cumara 7'2 MH Texas rig and carolina rig rod. If not a carrot stik or Airrus Puls R. I have my core on my Carrot Gold Stik and it works perfect. I've caught 2 many fish to count on it and have only had it for 3 months. People talk smack on Carrot stix but the proof is in the pudding.

Vince

Mine is on a Cumara CUC68M, if you're going to use it exclusively for texas rig, get a CUCX68M, the extra fast tip will give you a little better backbone and that extra sensitivity.

putting that light reel on a 7'2" might feel unbalanced, though I cannot vouch for that since I haven't put it on a 7'2"

Quote Originally Posted by AmBASSador View Post
    Absolutely, a Cumara 7'2 MH Texas rig and carolina rig rod. If not a carrot stik or Airrus Puls R. I have my core on my Carrot Gold Stik and it works perfect. I've caught 2 many fish to count on it and have only had it for 3 months. People talk smack on Carrot stix but the proof is in the pudding.

Vince
    i second this. That's what i'm putting it on as soon as i can get my core 50

I'm lovin' it! It's spooled with the best, Seaguar InvizX 8#

Im over shimano, I'll keep my Te's for swimbaiting, which are one of the best swimbait reels ever, unless they make a pluton 300 or 400 but they have been making crap reels the last few years, why can't they just get there reels dialed in and it seem as though they are having a new reel every year. The curado is about to hit Z soon. Switching over to Daiwa's pixyzilla now that reel is a beast for its size after you super tune em.

Quote Originally Posted by ZplugJunkie View Post
    Im over shimano, I'll keep my Te's for swimbaiting, which are one of the best swimbait reels ever, unless they make a pluton 300 or 400 but they have been making crap reels the last few years, why can't they just get there reels dialed in and it seem as though they are having a new reel every year. The curado is about to hit Z soon. Switching over to Daiwa's pixyzilla now that reel is a beast for its size after you super tune em.
    This is actually my first Shimano other than my swimbait reel. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I hope that i dont end up feeling this way about shimano.

Quote Originally Posted by fishntime View Post
    This is actually my first Shimano other than my swimbait reel. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I hope that i dont end up feeling this way about shimano.
    I've been fishing shimano strongly for at least a decade, and i still have some good stuff, its just that the newer stuff is weak compared to some of the daiwa reels right now. Its not a just a bad experience its just that time to move on to a more solid reel. When your on the water for at 150days during the year, i need something that is going to hold up with all the pounding its going to get. Good luck with the reel i hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZplugJunkie View Post
    hahahahahaha thats funny

God Bless

basscatcher