Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question:Deep ocean fishing equipment ?

Thank you everybody.Now i am confident to take my girl and my pal to go fishing with me.

If it's your first time going out I would keep it simple. Get some torpedo sinkers from 2-8oz, a couple of sliding egg sinkers in 14 and 1/2oz, some hooks in size 1, 1/0 and 2/0.

Depending on which landing your leaving from in Long Beach you could be fishing the Horseshoe Kelp where you could flyline your bait's if the bass are biting on the surface or maybe if the bonito are around. If now you can rig for a dropper loop and send your bait's to the bottom and see if there are any bass, sheepshead, and rockfish around.

If your not fishing there then you could be fishing some structure or head out to somewhere around the oil rigs and fish for rockfish out there too.

I would probably spool with at least 20# line. Good luck and post a report and pics when you get back.

Absolutely I will.Thank you.Check out my report later on Sarturday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12