Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Largemouth bass plastic worms for trout...

Default Largemouth bass plastic worms for trout...

Q#1 Has anyone ever tried using larger plastic worms like a purple neon smoke roboworm or similar to catch trout?

Q#2 Why is it that these trout worms sold in stores are so small?
    Ive used large baits to catch trout in the past and present...........fishbones

i cannot give to much insight as i have never fished with bass worms for trout.
    BUT i have caught trout accidently while dropshotting for bass with robo worms.

This is my deal, if it aint broke dont fix it, just keep fishing with the trout plastics, the only time i would (and have done this with bluegill) fished with bass plastics for trout is if I was bass fishing and the trout bite was wide open for everyone else and i didnt have any trout lures.

thanks,
    PF

i haven't done it intentionally, but i've caught a couple trout while dropshotting 6" robos before. And the trout were just stocker size, pretty weird, but food is food i guess.

I caught a 2lb trout with a 5" senko.....

i guess its just easier for them to swallow the small ones but i have also noticed that some of the colors of the bass worms work great for trout but they dont make those colors in the small trout worms so i made my own worm mold and made some of those famous colors that the bass like and they work great on trout also i have made many colors for other people also and have had good feedback also on my worms

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    I caught a 2lb trout with a 5" senko.....
    Where at?