Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trolls and flashers/Thraeded crawlers

the dreaded threaded crawler and dont forget youre swivel to keep the crawler from making line twist,,,,T/O

Am I the only one who uses jet divers for trout trolling? These things are great, and put your lure/bait down any depth you want depending on what size model you use. Works great in the Sierra lakes, also killed em at lake Hemet this way. I use a 1 or 2' leader behind the diver and let the line out a good 70-100' and cruise.

I USE DOWN RIGGERS AND I CAN RUN TWO OR THREE RODS OFF EACH SIDE AT DIFFERENT DEPTHS,,,,,,,,,,,,I KNOW GUYS WHO USED THEM AT THE DVL AND DID GOOD,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Like TO said, stack um if your limited on Downriggers. There are a few good books on trolling techniques out there, some online fishing magazines hold some good tips too. That threaded crawler techniqe worked for a guy I talked to at the Isabella Derby last year.....dug out of the garden, two to three inches long. gotta go clean up the downriggers now.....itching to fish.

I can't use downriggers on my little boat unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd be all over them. So, I guess I'm stuck with the poor man's downrigger!

Jag 107 you might want to look in the portable dr/s they have small versions that are bitchin for small boats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have several friends that use them on the littl alium rental boats,,,,,,,,,and a a whole crawler threaded is killer,,,everywhere,,,,,,,

Thanks for the tip TO! I'll look into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12