Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Upper Castaic Lake

Default Upper Castaic Lake

So hitting up Castaic lake tomorrow with some friends and family on a boat. We are most likely going to be fishing the buoy line and trolling around the lake. Anyone know what are some good baits to use at Castaic? We are going to be buying anchovies ,but not so sure which rig is most effective while using anchovies. I dont really know any kind of plastic baits that are effective at Castaic lake because usually when we go there we only catch like 1 or 2 stripers :( So if anyone has some useful tips on bait,rigs or lures to catch stripers i would be much appreciated. -Thanks :)

cutbait Guest

Well if it isn't Fish4life...

You left the possibly the owner of the camera hanging!

You need to hop over to that post and contact them. He has been waiting patiently for you. I hope you do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Well if it isn't Fish4life...

You left the possibly the owner of the camera hanging!

You need to hop over to that post and contact them. He has been waiting patiently for you. I hope you do the right thing.
    I'm with cutbait here. I feel you did the right thing by originally posting that you found the camera and now I feel its time to step up and follow through.

As to catching stripers, cut anchovies on light line with little to no weight seem to be the hot ticket, I know that setup works great at Pyramid.

Sorry i haven't logged on for a while i will confirm and send if it is the correct owner right away :) I haven't fished in a long time so thats why i havnet seen the messages so i will be emailing the owner of the camera and if they are the correct owner i will send it as soon as i can. I am sorry if there was a delay in my response

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
    Sorry i haven't logged on for a while i will confirm and send if it is the correct owner right away :) I haven't fished in a long time so thats why i havnet seen the messages so i will be emailing the owner of the camera and if they are the correct owner i will send it as soon as i can. I am sorry if there was a delay in my response
    very nice of you to take the time to find the owner. im sure she will be happy.good to see nice deads.
    Last edited by Hometown; 05-28-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
    Your a good man!

Good luck on the stripers tomorrow! BTW, I know whenever I'm at Pyramid I always keep a jerkbait tied on in case the stripers start to boil.

I'd be more worried about crowds and A-holes at that lake this weekend than how to rig my chovies LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    I'd be more worried about crowds and A-holes at that lake this weekend than how to rig my chovies LOL.
    x2930403345