Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First trip to castaic.

Default First trip to castaic.

Going to be making my first trip to castaic tommorow and was hoping someone would help me out with a pointer or two. Not askin for secret spots or anything but knowing how crowded it is on the water when I should try and get there at would be awesome if I can get info there. Also I'm assuming a simple C-rig would work on the striper? Now is my third go at trying to catch my first striper, so I hope I'm using the right setup lol. Thanks for any info guys, either pm or feel free to just reply to the thread

dont sit in one spot for to long if not getting bit,
    fresher the bait the better,
    lightline,
    small hooks,
    flyline,

fishbones gave u all ya need .. i havent fished the main lake just the lagoon once,, but from all the reports seems like a lot of people fish around the bouy line so maybe try along there for a couple of your stops... good luck wish i was goin but noooo gotta be all congested and broke

Well gonna head off to bed. Thanks fishbones and madwire3 for the heads up. Gonna do my best and I'll report back tommorow.

Tts really just what everyone else has said.

Get there early and head to the bouy line, flyline some fresh dines and you're good to go

Just made a quick report on the socal freshwater report forum. Thanks again for the help guys!