Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bass Setup?

Looks like im a bit late to the party. Like Desertfox said the Phenix x-12 and x-10 are excellent crankbait rods and will run you the same ammount of $$. I have an x-12 that i use in the surf, but they are both very versatile rods. As for your c-rig / texas / small swimmies set up I'm kinda fond of the Crucial rod line. Also a very sturdy but sensative rod, and about 50$ less than a Cumara (while still having a lifetime warranty)

Quote Originally Posted by kzhlin View Post
    Are they comparable to the Shimanos?
    well, they have 2 years warranty

But , I have one, and I like it, very light
    Last edited by stg68; 08-26-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: type error

I'm very late but thought i would throw my 2 cent in.
    I have a BPS Carbonlite Med Hvy Action 3/8-1oz 10-20 lb I like it a lot and fish it often. It is a good worm and jig rod I also will throw a spinner blade or a swim bait on it. The rod is light and sensitive I often use 12 lb line on this rod. I think it is a great Rod for the price (I did get a discount)
    If you are looking for a raction type rod any bait with treble hooks I prefer my Team Daiwa Light & Tough Crankin stick. It is 7 fotot, 8-25 lb, 3/16 - 1 1/2 oz and works great on crank baits and top water baits. I use it on any lure with treble hooks. Daiwa is local and i have returned broken Rods for a full exchange at their office in Cerritos. They did charge me once when I returned a rod for a more expenses model I paid the difference (very good customer service)

I have to agree with Stg68 about the Avu Garcia Vendeta series rods. I have the 7'6" MH Fast action and it's super sensitive. For the price they can't be beat. Looking at the 7' lengths they even have a extra fast action. If you decide to go that route I'd suggest ordering from Tackle warehouse because if there are any problems with the rod you can return it for refund or replacement free. That's' a lot better than having to go through the manufacturers waranty process. If however you can afford to buy the shimano's go with that, the lifetime waranty is great.

all i have to say being a tackle warehouse employee and getting a chance to mess around with all these rods is powell powell powell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123