Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Returned to DV I sure missed it

Default Returned to DV I sure missed it

Got back on the water yesterday with my friend Dale-havent been to DV since May or Jun cant remember, it was a awesome morning got there around 0700. Had to get the rig inspected and Husker Rod shows up with his rig and we chatted about the game plan for the day. Luis at the inspection site gave us some 411 too thanks Luis!.

Nice to see the water levels rising, we motored off to the west side to make some runs near the saddle and intake area. Seen alot of bait, and the boils are just explosive. We got slammed on the umbrella rig around 25-30 feet dwn using Kalins shad bodies 4-inch I think and dropped/stacked some Big Hammers (White) down on the DR. We got slammage near the intake around outside of the orange buoy lines, farmed the fish though we were bummed cause the strike was a freight train. We chucked our topwater on the numerous boils but no joy.

After the striper attempt we went for some kitties, had some whole mack so we settled down in Rawson area 40' and threw a couple of chunks on some 6/0 octopus hooks. Within 15 mins I get the first run, and a "GDHKSET" followed by Zzzzzzzz, she took me in some trees and I had to break off:(. Dale had a good run missed the set. We were on again 30 min later but we boated these, Not sure what the weight was, but I shared some of the fillets with our neighbors. Though we did not have the numbers ti was nice to get out at DV, meet other FNN folks, and enjoy the excellent weather with friends. Water temp in the am was 71, we left at 3pm and it was 74.

Get off the couch and go to DV! Good luck FNN and go kill-em.

Vince

GDHKSET RAWSON COVE

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW........

DOUBLE D HKSET MISSED

HUSKER ROD DRIVE BY

SWEET, Welcome back to the NEW DVL!...lol

kill all stripers!
    ahahaha...

To Vince- Good to have you back on the water. There are some monster stripers out there. You'll get those bad boys next trip. Wondered where you went, PM me when you get a chance.
    Barry A. Ogawa

Vince,

Now that is what Im talking about with those catfish. I couldnt get the stripers to cooperate at all...the bass kept jumping on my line. Im definately gonna have to pay those cats a visit real soon. Keep in touch and hope to run into you again..........next weekend????

Kewly
    Hope to see you out there, I'm going back to hunt down some of those jailbirds soon. Alot of bait out there.

Barry,
    Thought I saw your rig out there yesterday trolling around, where you out there yesterday. For stripers West end, for Kitties: Wave attenuator/bouy line (50-60') and Rawson Cove(watch for the trees! on your F/F you'll find a fat cat suck on one of those limbs:))

Rod,
    Nice to finally run into you after all these years. Good to know another local FNN member call or text me and we will meet up at Farmer Boys before heading to DV.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Got back on the water yesterday with my friend Dale-havent been to DV since May or Jun cant remember, it was a awesome morning got there around 0700. Had to get the rig inspected and Husker Rod shows up with his rig and we chatted about the game plan for the day. Luis at the inspection site gave us some 411 too thanks Luis!.

Nice to see the water levels rising, we motored off to the west side to make some runs near the saddle and intake area. Seen alot of bait, and the boils are just explosive. We got slammed on the umbrella rig around 25-30 feet dwn using Kalins shad bodies 4-inch I think and dropped/stacked some Big Hammers (White) down on the DR. We got slammage near the intake around outside of the orange buoy lines, farmed the fish though we were bummed cause the strike was a freight train. We chucked our topwater on the numerous boils but no joy.

After the striper attempt we went for some kitties, had some whole mack so we settled down in Rawson area 40' and threw a couple of chunks on some 6/0 octopus hooks. Within 15 mins I get the first run, and a "GDHKSET" followed by Zzzzzzzz, she took me in some trees and I had to break off:(. Dale had a good run missed the set. We were on again 30 min later but we boated these, Not sure what the weight was, but I shared some of the fillets with our neighbors. Though we did not have the numbers ti was nice to get out at DV, meet other FNN folks, and enjoy the excellent weather with friends. Water temp in the am was 71, we left at 3pm and it was 74.

Get off the couch and go to DV! Good luck FNN and go kill-em.

Vince

GDHKSET RAWSON COVE

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW........

DOUBLE D HKSET MISSED

HUSKER ROD DRIVE BY
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlwhip View Post
    SWEET, Welcome back to the NEW DVL!...lol

kill all stripers!
    ahahaha...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrouTracker View Post
    To Vince- Good to have you back on the water. There are some monster stripers out there. You'll get those bad boys next trip. Wondered where you went, PM me when you get a chance.
    Barry A. Ogawa

Great job on the kitties and you'll get the stripeys next time. Great report.