Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoopers Busted !

I support all Law Enforcement Officers, to be clear DFG wardens require a minimum of 60 college units not a 4-year degree like someone said. And to talk crap about a DFG warden in general what are you guys thinking these guys are trying to keep CA natural resources alive and well. So we have fish to fish and animals to hunt!

$8,100?wow!!! i just can't imagine. So sad, but that's what they get.

Went fishing at dana point last friday for mackeral for next hooping trip.....Game warden searched my mackeral bucket and ice chest when I came in.....they're checking.....i asked if he was looking for "bugs" he said yup.....

Bet they won't do that again...Propley
    asians. No respect for the DFG rules

$30-$40 thousand a year? No wonder they are so miffed at U when they check ur lisence.
    I get more than that just being retired. Thats not even $20 bucks an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    Ouch!
    $900 per bug? Thats enough to make a dead man C*M......
    $30-40K a year for a 4 year degree? No wonder the local DFG warden is miffed off all the time.
    $30-$40 thousand a year? No wonder they are so miffed at U when they check ur lisence.
    I get more than that just being retired. Thats not even $20 bucks an hour.
    Wow! You obviously want people to know how much you make, so why is $900 per bug a lot for a wealthy person like yourself?

And what's up with the racist stuff? Don't be ignorant.

I've seen Asian poachers, Whitey's too.
    This one dude told me they would eat BSB at Avalon back when he lived there years ago.
    That was after the the zero take law. He said in high school at Catalina they had a commercial lobster trap that they would set with a clear water bottle for a float.
    Set it at sunset then pick it up pre dawn. All in view of the pier. I put a 'Turn in Poachers'
    bumper sticker on his truck. Oh yah, he is white.

I heard of some dudes in Pedro set 2 commercial traps with a floating rope between them in a arch. Then they would every few days go to the spot with a pier gaff and hook it, pull up and unload bugs then re-bait.

SoCal man who allegedly poached lobsters apparently drowned by own trap

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    11:27 p.m. March 2, 2004

HERMOSA BEACH – A fisherman suspected of poaching lobsters apparently drowned after he became entangled in the rope of one of his traps and was pulled overboard, officials said.

An autopsy for Mark Willey, 37, of Redondo Beach, was set for Wednesday, the coroner's office said.

Willey, whose unmanned boat was discovered running in circles early Monday morning, had been under investigation for poaching lobsters in a protected area off the South Bay, officials with the state Department of Fish and Game said.

"We've heard of his illegal activity for a while," department spokesman Steve Martarano said.

Willey's wife, Candace, said her husband fished six days a week and sold his catch to a local market and restaurant.

"He's been commercial fishing since he was 19 years old," she said. "He loved it. It was being out on the ocean, not being confined to anything."

She said authorities unfairly harassed her husband.

A friend of Willey called the Redondo Beach Harbor Patrol office at 5 a.m. Monday after seeing Willey's boat.

Harbor patrol officers searched unsuccessfully for Willey's body before attempting to tow the boat into the marina. When officers pulled up a line that appeared to be an anchor, they discovered it was attached to a 50-pound lobster trap – and tangled around Willey's body.

Authorities believe he was fishing at night for the lobsters, which is illegal, and keeping his lights off to avoid being caught.

"He was trying to conceal his purpose, to thwart the responsibilities of the Fish and Game Department," said Hermosa police spokesman Sgt. Paul Wolcott. "He paid the ultimate price in doing that illegal behavior."

Good job DFG! Actually those really underpaid and overworked fish cops have to have a BS degree so I wouldn't say they are Sheriff/ PD rejects. And Smokehound, I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths or maybe we will soon...I tried to make nice with you but you are a tool for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by fishnuv View Post
    Good job DFG! Actually those really underpaid and overworked fish cops have to have a BS degree so I wouldn't say they are Sheriff/ PD rejects. And Smokehound, I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths or maybe we will soon...I tried to make nice with you but you are a tool for sure!
    So, you attempted to make "peace" with me, then go and dredge up an old comment then say "I tried to make nice with you, but you are a tool for sure!"?

That's not very "nice" of you. =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123