Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: which reel

Default which reel

i wanna get my feet wet,im trying to get a set up for some local tuna,and wsb.i bought me a couple of rods 7-6 teramar 15-30lb,also an 8ft teramar 20-40 lb range.what reels will go with these rods.im a lefty,and i would like to sling some irons,but also be able to use live bait when posiible.any help would be appreciated.

A lot depends on what price range your in..

For a new Salt angler I would suggest the Daiwa Sealine X series (30X & 50X for your class Targets)..
    Not expensive at all, Very good casting and built like tanks to last a long time.
    Great Drags, great freespool and light weight frames etc..

When you get some miles on them you wont be so 'reel broke' you cant justify upgrading...

You might wanna learn to fish righties for the salt. I'm a lefty as well and our choices are very limited. You can either go with a daiwa saltiga 30L or avets. I Prefer the saltiga myself but it costs a pretty penny..

Quote Originally Posted by BassFreak View Post
    You might wanna learn to fish righties for the salt. I'm a lefty as well and our choices are very limited. You can either go with a daiwa saltiga 30L or avets. I Prefer the saltiga myself but it costs a pretty penny..
    i heard that also,learn to reel right handed...more reel options..thanks.