Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL Two day event this weekend

Default DVL Two day event this weekend

Just a heads up to anyone that might not know about the NBW two day event at DVL this weekend..
    It will be a great tournament with some HUGE Bags weighed in both days..
    Thats where I'll be gunning for the win!!!!
    The weather will be awesome and the fishing will be even better... Some of you guys that have been having success there should come out and fish it...there will be big bucks up for grabs..

Pete

should be a great event. if all goes well im there for sure. i hear a lot of talk at the shop from guys skeptical about fishing amongst the anglers that can afford to spend 3-5 days a week on the lake. a lot of guys see certain people consistantly catching 25+ pounds and think that they dont stand a chance.

i wouldnt worry at all. fishing right now doesnt really depend on a secret pattern. every angler is doing pretty much the same thing around the same type of structure using the same baits. its spring time fishing! anyone who will tell you otherwise is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

get out there and fish. bed fish are up, pre spawnes are there and the following waves are on the outside. no secret.

everyone stands a chance to stick some pigs!

like pete said, give it a shot and come out. it should be WICKED GOOD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    should be a great event. if all goes well im there for sure. i hear a lot of talk at the shop from guys skeptical about fishing amongst the anglers that can afford to spend 3-5 days a week on the lake. a lot of guys see certain people consistantly catching 25+ pounds and think that they dont stand a chance.

i wouldnt worry at all. fishing right now doesnt really depend on a secret pattern. every angler is doing pretty much the same thing around the same type of structure using the same baits. its spring time fishing! anyone who will tell you otherwise is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

get out there and fish. bed fish are up, pre spawnes are there and the following waves are on the outside. no secret.

everyone stands a chance to stick some pigs!

like pete said, give it a shot and come out. it should be WICKED GOOD!!!!
    I agree with you Matt. This tournament has all the right ingredients for anyone to have a chance to put up some heavy weights on the scale. The water temps are great, the weather will be great and the big girls are in the shallows and more are still moving in (Great). I think the winning weight will be around the 50-60lbs or better.........
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 03-31-2011 at 06:00 AM.

How may participants in this tournament? Was planning on going Saturday to do some fun fishing with my son, but I may have to rethink this.

Sweet deal Pete, I wish the best of luck to ya.

Sounds great,but I'm kinda glad I'm going friday!

Kyle and I are out this weekend with previous committments, but it should be a shootout for all the DVL regular heavyweights. Fishing is very good right now, so good luck to all. I am going with Will and Mitch for the "W" and Siemental/Lintner, or Brian Johnson on their heels. 52lbs to win. About 20 boats is my guess. See you all at the last NBW on the 10th. Rick G.

Rick,
    I saw Troy out there on tuesday filming with Garrett Edwards and he said that him and Bill arent fishing the two day..

My pick is ........Me and Barry

Pete

Haha thats kool i like garrett's show he's real in depth about what he does

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Rick,
    I saw Troy out there on tuesday filming with Garrett Edwards and he said that him and Bill arent fishing the two day..

My pick is ........Me and Barry

Pete
    Glad to see you back there Pete. Good luck to you and Barry. Tell Hippie he owes you dinner if you beat him and Guy. Rick G.