Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvl .. The time is now!!!!!!!!

Kevin Gross!!

Man, that's a flash back to the early 90s. I wonder how his arm is. We need a Sunday League pitcher.

Kevins a BEAST.... even on the water.. I can only imagine how he was when he was throwing in the big leagues... He has told me ALOT of way cool stories about it...
    He made a few all-star games and he even threw a No HITTER!! VERY VERY few people can say that..
    He told me a cool story of him pitching in his 1st AllStar game in the 80s and just before the first pitch, Pete Rose walked the ball up to the mound and slammed it into his glove and said... "Put the Ball over the F*%#ing plate and we'll win the game!"
    Or when he Hit a double against Nolan Ryan to break up Nolans No hitter. His next time up, Nolan Threw at him High and tight to send a msg.. Later that inning when Nolan Came to the plate HE threw at Nolan high and tight and made him hit the deck... Nolan got up cussing at him and he told the old man to suck it up because he did it to him first...hahaha
    Pretty cool stuff hahaha
    Another thing he said last week when we were on the water bedfishing was... "Ive been boo'ed in front of 50,000 fans in hostile stadiums and he wouldnt get rattled but trying to catch a 4 lb bedfish with me watching made him nervous as hell".....hahahahahaha

Hes gonna come out and fish the NBW event at DVL Sunday...should be fun..

Nowadays he bowls in a league here in the Inland Empire where he lives 2 times a week and he fishes and hunts ALL the time....must be nice!! lol

Pete

Nice Job Pete.......I said the Time was Now a few days ago but the time is everyday this week seems like anyway......Gotta get them while the getting is good........

I hear you do carp guides too?

Mario (Basscatcher)...you know you are the carp guide in this area.. People at Pudd call you :"doughboy"...

Pete whats up man... were u @ perris today? ( 10th ) see the guy drop his boat trying to pull it out the water?

Whats up Steve... Nope, I was at DVL yesterday for the NBW event..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Mario (Basscatcher)...you know you are the carp guide in this area.. People at Pudd call you :"doughboy"...
    i learned that dough secret from you pete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12