Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone Fish DVL this week?

Default Anyone Fish DVL this week?

The last few weeks, the fish'n was great! High numbers of smallies, with a couple of middle weights in the mix. Has anyone heard, caught, or seen if some larger females are moving up into the shallows to join the party with all the males?

I'm going out there on Sunday, so just wondering if there has been any change since last week?

Timing is everything on the average day to the wide open bite . I suggest you get ahold of LAST CHANCE Bait and tackle and they will be totally honest with you on whats happening now . Alot of smaller male LMB in the shallows now [ so ive read ] but last chance will fill in the rest . Good fishing // db

ive been chiming in on the bite periodically in the last few updated posts. just search around and you'll find some really good info.

bottom line. the fish are definately on the chew. you just have to cover ground right now for big ones until your find the sweet spot. be aware of times of active feeding fish. lots of 12-14" fish right up on the bank. makes for an easy 20 to 30 fish day. yesterday i made 10 consecutive casts with 10 fish. got to the point i put the rod down to figure something else out. too much money wasted haha.

start in one cove. fish the crap out of it. from that cove you will be able to put the pieces to the puzzle together. duplicate that throughout the lake and you'll be styling.

the smallmouth have been up in full force. had one around 4.5 to 5 pounds the other day. couldnt believe it. my PB for sure.

Thanks Matt......you always have great info. Sounds like the fish'n has stayed the same for the most part. Congrats on the smallmouth! Im still waiting for my first smallmouth, we r a long ways from Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    ive been chiming in on the bite periodically in the last few updated posts. just search around and you'll find some really good info.

bottom line. the fish are definately on the chew. you just have to cover ground right now for big ones until your find the sweet spot. be aware of times of active feeding fish. lots of 12-14" fish right up on the bank. makes for an easy 20 to 30 fish day. yesterday i made 10 consecutive casts with 10 fish. got to the point i put the rod down to figure something else out. too much money wasted haha.

start in one cove. fish the crap out of it. from that cove you will be able to put the pieces to the puzzle together. duplicate that throughout the lake and you'll be styling.

the smallmouth have been up in full force. had one around 4.5 to 5 pounds the other day. couldnt believe it. my PB for sure.
    Love to see a picture of that smallmouth 4.5 to 5lbs,biggest I've seen there is a 3,you may have posted it but I missed it.

They put smallmouth in but were scared shitless of the big bad northern pike?