Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL, Windy but on Fire!

Default DVL, Windy but on Fire!

DVL produced some awesome fish this weekend, but Friday was on FIRE! Friday morning was sunny, calm, with the water flat. We started fishing out normal area and caught a mix of dinks, with a few 2 to 3 pounders in the mix. On the day, we ended with 25 fish by 1:30 pm, but the last hour and a half was explosive. The wind pick up, with some strong gusts. We found a cove where the wind rolled breakers on the shoreline stirring up the water as bit. It was around noon and we started nailing some larger LMB sitting in about 20 feet of water. The wind must have worked up the females, because the fish kept getting bigger and bigger. It started with me catching back to back, 3.7 and a 3.1. Still in the same cove, we moved to the other side and BAMM! We caught a 4.7, a 4.11, then we capped the day off with a 6.10, all hooked out of the same area inside this cove. Here is the 4.11 and the 6.10 LMB. It was the most awesome day I have had DVL since I’ve started fishing this lake. It was a great frick'n day…….
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David 6.10 lbs_1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	30380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greg 4.9 lbs_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	30381  
    Last edited by Greg Springman; 05-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.

crop the pics and upload them to photobucket.
    Nice work out there. Wind is good.

an easy way to resize your pics is to open them in your "paint" program on your computer (every computer has "paint"). Re-save them and upload then.

Greg,

Awesome job! Your an animal out there and I always enjoy your reports!

I was there on Friday to fish some some stripers and the water pump went out.

So we figured we would use the trolling motor for just a little bit for bass and nailed 9 in an 1 1/2 hours. All rats but nonetheless it was AWESOME.

With all this work your putting in I will betcha your 12-15lber is around the corner! =)

I will be there Monday to kill Mr. Stripey. Imma gonna try to squeeze some LMB fishing in too!
    MikesOcean
    Last edited by MikesOcean; 05-08-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks on the advice.....it worked well as you can see. Thanks again Riverside angler!

Thanks for the pat on the back Mikesocean! I would love to catch a 10 pounder plus, it would be my first over 10 lbs. That one will definitely go on the wall..........