Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Quarantined Boat - Quagga Muzzels, This is a Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco1 View Post
    All the lakes without quagga's that tag boats should be accepted at each lake. How hard is that. Sometimes stupidity rules.
    But not all lakes are run by the same organization. DVL is MWD and Perris is state. How does the other know how thorough the boats are being inspected? MWD has no authority over how the state runs their inspections and vice versa. Now in theory they could have a uniform inspection process but that would require manpower and a regulatory framework to ensure compliance on all bodies of water that would participate. Let's be honest no one wants to pay for that in the form of taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    But not all lakes are run by the same organization. DVL is MWD and Perris is state. How does the other know how thorough the boats are being inspected? MWD has no authority over how the state runs their inspections and vice versa. Now in theory they could have a uniform inspection process but that would require manpower and a regulatory framework to ensure compliance on all bodies of water that would participate. Let's be honest no one wants to pay for that in the form of taxes.
    First Greg, I think your anger and frustrations are justified. With that being said, quagga are indeed a problem that cannot be ignored. The damage, and subsequent costs they inflict on the state drinking water systems are huge, let alone the lakes biodiversity. Those buggars plug things up fast.

srsnow. There already are state mandates in place and enforced by the DFG. And each lake already has an inspection system in place, whether it be run by the state itself, or the private concessionaire running the lake. I don't see a problem with a two tag system where say, a red tag could be used for infested lakes, and a white tag for clean lakes. And I certainly don't see why the current inspection infrastructure couldn't be used. Where would the extra expenses come in other than adding a red tag? White tags should be honored at all "clean" lakes. And red tags would automatically subject said boat to inspection at clean lakes, and none at dirty lakes. Sadly, the simplest solutions escape our government...

Yeah....I think some of us got off track a bit, but my original point at the begining was that all these lakes are conducting the same inspection process, so maybe there should be some consideration for those boat owners who are following the rules, getting inspected, and having post tags placed on our boats. DFG could set inspection procedures and standards which are recognized at all lakes. Allowing other lakes to accept post lake tags.

The Quagga Mussels can do damage to the infrastructure, but some common sence should be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Springman View Post
    Yeah....I think some of us got off track a bit, but my original point at the begining was that all these lakes are conducting the same inspection process, so maybe there should be some consideration for those boat owners who are following the rules, getting inspected, and having post tags placed on our boats. DFG could set inspection procedures and standards which are recognized at all lakes. Allowing other lakes to accept post lake tags.

The Quagga Mussels can do damage to the infrastructure, but some common sence should be applied.
    I agree with you 100%. Common sense? LOL, the state of Cali lost that many years ago...

I was at Piru two weeks ago and their inspection was very mellow and they said they accept tags from DVL and other lakes- that's cool, but probably not the security they are looking for at DVL and a reason they don't want to trust other authorities' checks-

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Springman View Post

I'm confused You say the mussels can do damage and I agree... so now we have a tag system, you were tagged at Silverwood and can fish Silverwood and Lake Perris without further inspection with the tag. Why go to DVL with water in your boat DVL is not silverwood or perris? Lake Skinner is on the list of lakes that have had quagga in them if dvl shares water chances are dvl will also get quagga.

Further more the DFG has not done enough for me as a fisherman and I don't think they can combat these quagga. They continue to dissapoint from the lack of stocks all the way up to allowing the state to interfere with my right to fish parts of the coast I've fished since I was a kid. So no I don't think they can come up with a working system.

A couple years ago I met a guy who fished bass tourneys and he was fishing a w.on. tourney at lake mead then needed to borrow a boat to fish silverwood the next weekend, since mead is quagga infected. Well the first day of pre fishing he noticed several of the same boats from mead in the wood not 4 days after the tournament, every one of them had to lie to get through the inspection and everyone of them made it in the water. If they lie why wouldn't you or I

Common sense was replaced by common cents long ago.

Confucius say, man who jizz in bank vault, come into a lotta money.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456