Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: abu garcia vendetta or veritas rods

yeah i just need to find one that i think i want lol. i actualy want one fast or extra fast, need the power to pull them fish off structure and be able to feel the structure with that fast tip. i know i do not want over 8', but over 7, maybe 7 will work idk, 6'6" is to short, been there tried that lol. im going to poke around mudhole and see what i can dig up. i found a loomis blank that i liked the sound of but it was in the $130 range.

i some what want to match or get close to the specs of a CUC711MH cumara.

You like the Cumara?
    This should help.
    I've obtained some EVA you can have.
    Lighter than cork and fancy inlays.
    I have two butt grips, a butt cap and a foregrip.
    I can shape one of the butt grips into a front grip for the reel seat. Although it would be a stubby front grip. Another dollar will get you a full length, shaped front reel seat grip.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-24-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Go get a blank son!

Yeah I'm working on getting some cash together, been kinda crazy, like 4 birthdays that's month and 2 next month lol. I was thinking of only running a tiny forgrip about 1" long or none at all, just butt the wrappingwinding check against the seat hood if thats possible. I'm going for light as possible with the money and sensitive, it won't be any trick you'll need to do. All black and stealthy hehe, maybe a skull and cross bones decal just above the seat hood. P.s. ill be at perris july 15 till the 17th, fishing, partying, wake boarding, jet skis and sea doos lol.

I forgot to ask how much weight does the parts and wrapping add? Just trying to get a ruff estimate for when I'm looking at blanks on what the total rod weight might be at. I seen a loomis gl2 blank with the specs and lenght I want but it's 3x the cost of the rain shadow lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123