Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New Reel, line suggestion?

Default New Reel, line suggestion?

Hi fellow Fishermen/women,

i just bough a new Quantum Cabo CNW20LPTs Saltwater deep sea reel (http://www.quantumfishing.com/produc.../Cabo-PTs.aspx)

I'm kind of new to the deep water fishing, so I need some help. I've seen guys with Neon Green or Red lines, and am assuming they use it for trolling. I go for Rock fish, barracuda, bass, and many others, so I'm looking for a line that's kind of Universal. Something I could use for tuna as well and troll for other fish mentioned above. So would the Neon green or red be good? 25-30lbs? and if I'm fishing in shallower water, ill use a clear leader so the fish don't see the color? any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks.

if you ran like, 50-80lb powerpro braid you can use a topshot of whats best for what your fishing for. 20lb for bass and cuda, 30 for rockfish and 30lb floro for the tunnys.