Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Who makes a hi-vis monofilament in 2 lb test?

Default Who makes a hi-vis monofilament in 2 lb test?

Does anyone know a manufacturer (other than Vicious) that makes a quality 2 lb test monofilament fishing line in a hi-vis fluorescent color?

I gotta ask,,,,,,,,,,,,considering that ALL hi vis lines are still more visible underwater then there clear counterparts<no matter what the mfgr says>

Why would you want to spoil the benifits of 2lb test by adding color?,,,

dont know of any that small diameter in hi vis

if u want a hi vis line,i like the 1lb dia 6lb rated crystal fire line.it cast furthur,is diffently visable ,not totally clear under water, and more senestive.all u have to do is tie on a 2lb clear line.i like XXX 2lb izor.for leader.using a triple surgens knot. i dont like not being able to see my line when fishing.period....if u dont like braid then im sure someone makes blue flouresent 2lb lines.

Hey no worries trail blazer. I will be using a clear fluorocarbon leader. But with that being said, I have done very well tying a hi-vis line directly to my lures while crappie fishing and recently bass fishing at a local park. The fish didn't seem to care. With my vision getting worse, I am having a harder time seeing my line, and I like to be in control with my bait/lure, knowing where it is by watching my line. Many times you do not feel a hit, but your line starts moving sideways.

Ande does in their Tournment series

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Does anyone know a manufacturer (other than Vicious) that makes a quality 2 lb test monofilament fishing line in a hi-vis fluorescent color?
    High vis + quality?

Probably these guys:

Cost of ownership is extremely high, as is the plane ticket to get them here too.

izor makes a WHITE 12lb braid that is really thin, 2-4lb equiv, I like it, you def see it.fish dont mind, especially with a flouro leader
    -bb

Got caught up in the Hi Vis and forgot about Fishing
    Some new AD's here for Fishing ????

Trophy Wife ...

Last edited by VIVID_FLY; 03-23-2012 at 03:58 PM.

is that like a PB wife? ^^^