Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Trout Trolling

Default Trout Trolling

Looking for suggestions for shallow water tollling (0 -13 ft). I like to use Rapala CD 3 - 5's in silver and firetiger..just wanna see what others are using..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Looking for suggestions for shallow water tollling (0 -13 ft). I like to use Rapala CD 3 - 5's in silver and firetiger..just wanna see what others are using..

Thanks
    MM,
    Depending which water I'm working for bows, which worked for me was using micro flashers or dodgers (chrome, white, charteuse, others) with NC, I also like Excel lures, Xraps, CD5's, Mirashads, when they dont want meat. Good luck out there.

if your trolling flashers put a hook and thread a nightcrawler on it.Its like that breakfast ceral tastes great11!11 I MEAN WORKS GREAT.

I have never decided if flashers work or not.
    These days I never used them.
    Last week we were at the Vine.
    We caught them on the brookie, and Mis Pinky mainly.
    We did good that day with about 15 fish to 4 lb on the troll.
    Most were flat line, but the LC was talking at 3-4.
    This was at hi speed as well!
    Go figure, my previous trip was a bust!
    At the Vine !

Happy Hunting Boyz

KARL ,DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB THAT SOUNDS ,DO FLASHERS WORK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,M/M TRY A NIGHT CRAWLER ALL BY ITS SELF THREADED WITH JUST A LITTLE WEIGHT UP FROM IT AND A SWIVEL 2 OR 3 FT ABOVE THE CRAWLER,,,,,IF YOUR FISHING STOCK TROUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING BRIGHT ,,,HOLDOVER FISH ARE A DIFFERENT STORY,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,BIG BEAR BEER CANS KARL WITH A CRAWLER OR SMALL SPOON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    KARL ,DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB THAT SOUNDS ,DO FLASHERS WORK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,M/M TRY A NIGHT CRAWLER ALL BY ITS SELF THREADED WITH JUST A LITTLE WEIGHT UP FROM IT AND A SWIVEL 2 OR 3 FT ABOVE THE CRAWLER,,,,,IF YOUR FISHING STOCK TROUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING BRIGHT ,,,HOLDOVER FISH ARE A DIFFERENT STORY,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,BIG BEAR BEER CANS KARL WITH A CRAWLER OR SMALL SPOON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Bob How the hell are you!
    Yea i have had days where three NC out fishes everything I have tried but, Joe was doing 2.1 MPH
    PS I used to run them with a 1/2 oz, and a little 2x3" dodger That I picked up at Wally world!
    I would think it is a bit a fast for the NC. I could be wrong, hell I thought 2.1 was a bit fast for trout!
    Hey I going up north the week after the opener with Mr Big Fishes.
    We will be going slower and the NC might rule!
    I have a few small dodgers that I will run with them to get them swimming along.
    As for flashers, I don't know if they work or at what speed Bob.
    As for dodgers, I caught a 16lb butt on one this year.
    I'm not sure that I have ever caught anything on flashers.

Bob It's so fing wet here !
    1/2" my A!