Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: So the Mrs. says "look at that mess"...

Default So the Mrs. says "look at that mess"...

So I says.. "I don't see a problem here", except maybe when a strong wind blows through the garage and knocks over my rod/reels (the before shot)...

but... to keep the peace in the house...

I buy one of these cheapo rod racks from Amazon for $20... got pretty good reviews. Wasn't too hard to build.. and its made of plastic, so no problem spraying the thing down with water if you need to... our Alfie doesn't seem too impressed..

the after shot of my trout/freshwater gear:

ahhhh... nice and tidy... and so the Mrs. is happy... and I can go about enjoying my Sunday afternoon watching the games...

I'm gonna get another rack for my other surf fishing/saltwater collection of rods/reels...

looks like Amazon increased the price to $25.61 now (with free shipping).. 4.5 star reviews after 45 reviews is pretty good:
    http://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Expandab...3315945&sr=8-1

but you can get it also now at Walmart (shipped free to your local store for pickup) for $19.98
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Okuma-ABS-Rod-Rack/9721456

It holds 16 rods nicely without the reels... a little tough to fit 16 rods AND reel setups obviously because the reels get in the way. You can either put the racks side by side like I did here (but it tends to fall forward after putting a lot of rods/reels in it, unless you brace something against it or mount it to the wall) or you can put the racks back to back (which I'm sure will be sturdier and not tend to fall towards one direction due to the weight). I've seen these stands being used in my local tackle shops like Fish'N Fools... now it is a small rack being only 3 feet tall.. but it works just fine.

anyways... just thought I'd share... I'm just not as gifted in the carpenter-ing department to make one of these things myself like I see some of the talented SCers here... but for $20... was worth it
    Last edited by dkinla; 04-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Good lord DK you got enough medium action spinning rods?

Mix in a baitcast or heavy rod LOL

Here's mine minus my spinning setups cause my boys are out fishing for green carp at the local golf course

And the finger in the photo was no accident
    Last edited by cutbait; 04-01-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Yuuuuup... I have 4 medium setups for stripers and 4 ultralight setups there for trout and a few miscellaneous setups for lures/etc. We usually use 4 setups from the lake shore! I like your wall setup...

Quote Originally Posted by dkinla View Post
    So I says.. "I don't see a problem here", except maybe when a strong wind blows through the garage and knocks over my rod/reels (the before shot)...

but... to keep the peace in the house...

I buy one of these cheapo rod racks from Amazon for $20... got pretty good reviews. Wasn't too hard to build.. and its made of plastic, so no problem spraying the thing down with water if you need to... our Alfie doesn't seem too impressed..

the after shot of my trout/freshwater gear:

ahhhh... nice and tidy... and so the Mrs. is happy... and I can go about enjoying my Sunday afternoon watching the games...

I'm gonna get another rack for my other surf fishing/saltwater collection of rods/reels...

looks like Amazon increased the price to $25.61 now (with free shipping).. 4.5 star reviews after 45 reviews is pretty good:
    http://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Expandab...3315945&sr=8-1

but you can get it also now at Walmart (shipped free to your local store for pickup) for $19.98
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Okuma-ABS-Rod-Rack/9721456

It holds 16 rods nicely without the reels... a little tough to fit 16 rods AND reel setups obviously because the reels get in the way. You can either put the racks side by side like I did here (but it tends to fall forward after putting a lot of rods/reels in it, unless you brace something against it or mount it to the wall) or you can put the racks back to back (which I'm sure will be sturdier and not tend to fall towards one direction due to the weight). I've seen these stands being used in my local tackle shops like Fish'N Fools... now it is a small rack being only 3 feet tall.. but it works just fine.

anyways... just thought I'd share... I'm just not as gifted in the carpenter-ing department to make one of these things myself like I see some of the talented SCers here... but for $20... was worth it
    Bro Turners has these racks for like 16 bucks, I'd look into it instead of mail order (if ya didn't know)

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    Bro Turners has these racks for like 16 bucks, I'd look into it instead of mail order (if ya didn't know)
    Thx for the tip! I just called 3 local Turners and none of them carried it. Oh well.. I got it for $20 shipped from Amazon last time.. And will prob just get it from Walmart this time.