Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a good 4# and 6# mono line...

suffix siege or suffix deep cranking. both I have used an are one of the strongest lines I have used. Strong not from pulling in huge fish but from being so hard to break off my line off snags an that off of 6lb test line really strong for a mono. The suffix deep cranking is a mono that sinks an is more focused towards crankin an getting your cranks deeper than regular mono would. It actually does get them down maybe even a couple feet lower than spec. The deep cranking the only place I have found it is on tackle warehouse fairly cheap for 10bucks a spool of 300yrds cant beat that. Might work best for you being that you primarily would be trolling.

read some of the reviews. Dont know how big of a fan of suffix you are but check it out.
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sufix...html#multiview
    Last edited by mirage2887; 03-31-2012 at 09:07 PM.

I know I will be the odd man out with this (nothing new there), but I have been using Mr. Crappie Camo 4# for two years now, and I love it. I have never had any problem with it at all, and it is super super cheap. I think BPS has changed the name, but it is still super cheap on the huge roll. Soft and stretchy, doesn't get all wound up, and it's camo for the fish so it's supposedly hard for them to see, and it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnfun View Post
    After reading all the good reviews of Izorline XXX in this post and others, I went out and bought a 6000 yds spool of 2# for trout fishing. I spooled up 2 reels but have not had a chance yet to fish the line. Then, I found this very poor review of the line and it sort of ruined my day. Hopefully my experience will not be the same.

http://www.manversusfish.com/2011/05...olymer-review/
    A quickie update. I went out this morning and cast a trout tube with a 1/32 oz head and i did not notice any lost of casting distance with the XXX line. If anything, I was casting further than I was with my old line. This may be because the line is new/fresh and the spool is filled full to the rim. Anyway, I have high hopes for the XXX.

I think that store may have had a BATCH that might have been bad. On the fishing forums I'm on, most that use it swear by it and it's 2lb class has been great for me...not broken line on 10lb+ fish and no problems with memory but that might be because the line is so inexpensive that I can change it A LOT so I'm always fishing with fresh line.

If you want a strong, cheap line, go with izor Platinum. I promise you wont want any other line after using Platinum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12