Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Question about "2fer rig"

Default Question about "2fer rig"

So im guessing most of you have seen Bill Siemantel's 2fer rig, if not check it out. What i was wondering since I dont have any of those bbz 2.5's, I thought about giving it a shot with 2 rattle traps, but then i thought about it and it would technically have 4 hooks, i guess what im wondering is if their is a loop hole for this since its 2 baits still or if its illegal?

I'm pretty sure it's legal. The regulations say that maximum 3 lures on one line and maximum 3 hooks ok each lure. And a lure is something that is used to capture the fish with a hook on it. In other words, it's legal.

ok, was thinking it was legal...just got tripped up with the #s, didnt want to be at fool on the water getting ticketed for something tard-o .

MAX 3 hooks freshwater..
    Thats why they use 2 dummy lures (no hooks) on the 5 bait umbrella rigs...

so...does that mean my double rig /w rattle traps would of been illegal if i used it? cause they got 2 hooks each bait

take out the tail or belly hook on one of the rattlers

I thought you could have 3 lures with a maximum of 3 hooks per lure for a total of 9 hooks maximum.

all fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto" (California Code of Regulations, section 2.00).

i think this law/rule needs to be clarified better by dfg, cause if thats the case couldnt i get around the CA Alabama rig issues by just running the 3 hooked baits but run 2 of them meaning i would have up to 6 hooked baits and 10 total swimming

Quote Originally Posted by ushone View Post
    i think this law/rule needs to be clarified better by dfg, cause if thats the case couldnt i get around the CA Alabama rig issues by just running the 3 hooked baits but run 2 of them meaning i would have up to 6 hooked baits and 10 total swimming
    That's called the "calibama rig" and is sold already setup that way.

http://www.basstackledepot.com/chubb...abama-rig.aspx

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/vie...p?f=63&t=74779

you misunderstood what im saying, im saying if you attach 2 of those rigs onto 1 line (2fer rig)