Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trolling from a kayak? trout?

I do it as well, I have 2 FWD Scotty mounts I use, I Keel weights to get te baits a little deeper in the warmer water but usually just troll a Owner Mirashad Bubble Gum (Pink) and the Rapala UL Shad in all colors, those are the small 2" minnow looking mini crank baits, I use 3 lbs Maxima Line (Green) I also troll Old School Kastmasters the smaller the better and do well, check out YouTube and you'll see a lot of good Kayak Videos that show trolling. Another great way is drifting a mini jig. I find that the fish finder helps a ton to find the depth you need. The lures that are great come from Diawa those are SC Shiners but when you get those make sure you change your hooks out with those from Owner, Next are the Rapalas CD 3 and 5, also are the UL Minnow and UL Shad also in the 3 size. The # is the centimeter size of the lure, next is the Owner Mira Shad the Pinks and the Gold/shad are killers you can also try for the $$$$ Lucky Craft SP Pointer in the 2 1/4 size the Tenn Shad is awesome, PM me anytime or 5150 cause that dude is a beast and he speaks the truth. Take care an tight lines

PT
    YouTube.com/guamboas

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    I do it as well, I have 2 FWD Scotty mounts I use, I Keel weights to get te baits a little deeper in the warmer water but usually just troll a Owner Mirashad Bubble Gum (Pink) and the Rapala UL Shad in all colors, those are the small 2" minnow looking mini crank baits, I use 3 lbs Maxima Line (Green) I also troll Old School Kastmasters the smaller the better and do well, check out YouTube and you'll see a lot of good Kayak Videos that show trolling. Another great way is drifting a mini jig. I find that the fish finder helps a ton to find the depth you need. The lures that are great come from Diawa those are SC Shiners but when you get those make sure you change your hooks out with those from Owner, Next are the Rapalas CD 3 and 5, also are the UL Minnow and UL Shad also in the 3 size. The # is the centimeter size of the lure, next is the Owner Mira Shad the Pinks and the Gold/shad are killers you can also try for the $$$$ Lucky Craft SP Pointer in the 2 1/4 size the Tenn Shad is awesome, PM me anytime or 5150 cause that dude is a beast and he speaks the truth. Take care an tight lines

PT
    YouTube.com/guamboas

noticed u are out of hacienda heights. im from same city too. We should fish sometime! lol

Depending on where your fishing the gold and red thomas bouyant is a killer choice for trout expecially in the sierras !

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    5150, can you elaborate on those lures? sorry, still learning the names of lures. are those all rapalas? thanks!
    Looks like Prowler Tuber allready answered most of the questions regarding the lures I referenced but I will also clarify. The Rapala lures I talked about I use in the CD3 & CD5 size. The Mirashad lures are made by Owner. Prowler Tuber also mentioned the Diawa SC shiner which is killer in the pink bubblegum, like he said changing the hooks is a must. The Needlefish I mentioned I believe are made by Luhr Jenson but I am not 100%. Like Prowler Tuber said PM either of us anytime and we will happily give you any info. we can help out with. I think PT puts more time on the water than anyone I know and is a plethera of knowledge. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12