Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What shrimp is your go to shrimp for catfish?

Default What shrimp is your go to shrimp for catfish?

Its common knowledge these days that shrimp is fairly popular bait for the whisker fish. So just wanted to pick the brains of some of you more skilled fellas as to your favorite type of shrimp to fish for catfish? Cocktail shrimp, large shrimp, shrimp with the legs, frozen or fresh, large or small?

I like this kind:

It also goes good in shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

I use any raw shrimp with the shell on. I do cut up garlic and leave in the bag so it can get that combo scent....try it out, its worked for me. Even In my favorite lake (Lincoln park) at night...just be able to defend yourself..ha ha

Man! It might even work at Anaheim lake....just kidding...their a thread I attacked like an email gangster and said some thing that offended people...ha ha oh well

The kind si the head and everything from the market (not stater bros.) I peel off the shell and dip or Pour whatever scent I want

I usually just get the shrimp thats on sale. The size doesnt really matter.

shrimp with head on from asian market. i peel the shell and squeeze the juice from the head onto the shrimp and cast out like that without scent. the juice from the head becomes my scent...

How do you guys cast it out from shore without it flying off the hook?

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    How do you guys cast it out from shore without it flying off the hook?
    I usually use half of the shrimp per hook. I either pinch it in half or slice in half long ways. Adding marshmallows will also keep it on your hook.

Garlic = Marketing Gimmick..

Fresh raw shrimp. frozen squid also works quite well.

Anyone ever use the baby octopus that they have @ the seafood counter @ stater bros?