Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Antonio 9/3 and 4

Yea! Fish Tacos. I had a single striper in the freezer and that alonng with the crappie from yesterday made a bunch of tacos.

Thats what I made with about half of the meat I had. They came out excellent. I marinated em in olive oil, fresh lime, garlic, onions, pepper and cilantro. Threw em on the grill and they made some great tacos. Going camping out there the weekend after next to try to get a couple of more.

Nice catch guys. I like catching striper on light line in open water but 8 lb test at San Antonio is asking for trouble. I'm coming up there this weekend and I changed over to 15 lb .012" Seagaur Senshi line from my normal Castaic 8 lb .010" Trilene XL.

I agree about trimming about the red meat. There's a red line through the filet, it has bones in it. Just cut it out, the cat might like to have it. I also let the filet knife ride just high enough to take the red layer off with the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Nice catch guys. I like catching striper on light line in open water but 8 lb test at San Antonio is asking for trouble. I'm coming up there this weekend and I changed over to 15 lb .012" Seagaur Senshi line from my normal Castaic 8 lb .010" Trilene XL.

I agree about trimming about the red meat. There's a red line through the filet, it has bones in it. Just cut it out, the cat might like to have it. I also let the filet knife ride just high enough to take the red layer off with the skin.
    Did you make any reservations ahead of time?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the schedule lake closure to remove "stink off the water"

Just got a call from Fresno. One of the guys there wants to fish the Tone Friday so I should be there bright and early.
    Probably hunt some stripers early and then settle down to catfish before too late.
    Unless of course the stripers are wanting to play all day.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Did you make any reservations ahead of time?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the schedule lake closure to remove "stink off the water"
    No no reservations. I think that will be after we are there!

Quote Originally Posted by plumbertom View Post
    Just got a call from Fresno. One of the guys there wants to fish the Tone Friday so I should be there bright and early.
    Probably hunt some stripers early and then settle down to catfish before too late.
    Unless of course the stripers are wanting to play all day.
    I'm looking forward to a report.
    Last edited by fishinone; 09-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12