Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

View Poll Results: 2012 Masters Tournament - Pick your own partner or do it by random draw?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pick our own partners

14 73.68%
  • Random draw

5 26.32%
  • Doesn't matter

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2012 Masters.... Pick Your Partner or Random? (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    As much as I love my yak and it is a style of fishing that I enjoy it is not a fair option considering that a person that is used to their own boat can't use theirs. Many private boaters are used to the comforts of their own boats amenities. By putting all in the rentals it levels the playing field in that one aspect. Meaning no one has fishfinders or downriggers. It is this way for a reason.
    Is it against the rules in the Masters to use portable downriggers and fish finders? They make both in models that can be clamped to the sides of aluminum rentals.
    If Downriggers USED to be disallowed, was leadcore legal? If so, what's the difference if both setups basically accomplish the same thing (getting the lure deep)?
    Is it really leveling the playing field though, what if some of the anglers fish from boats just like the rentals, or only rent boats at the lake? Wouldn't they then be at an advantage over those with other styles of boats/inflatables?
    Last edited by JAG107; 09-12-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: saw Rooster's post about allowing DR's

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Is it against the rules in the Masters to use portable downriggers and fish finders? They make both in models that can be clamped to the sides of aluminum rentals.
    If Downriggers USED to be disallowed, was leadcore legal? If so, what's the difference if both setups basically accomplish the same thing (getting the lure deep)?
    Is it really leveling the playing field though, what if some of the anglers fish from boats just like the rentals, or only rent boats at the lake? Wouldn't they then be at an advantage over those with other styles of boats/inflatables?
    All i know is 2 years ago at the masters use of portable downriggers and fish finders were NOT allowed. Last year i showed up very late and saw a few guys using a portable downrigger. I missed the breakfast, partner draw & rules. They must have made a few changes.

One thing i want to add that played out before my eyes. Showing up hours late to the Masters, I got to witness and hear the staff working on making sure everyone was playing by the rules. They really impressed me!

I wont give any of there secrets away. But i will tell you the walkie talkies were in full affect. Reports were coming into the security boat to investigate.

Highlight was while in the security boat to be dropped off. We dropped off Daniela at a secret location, watching her run up the backside of a hill to investigate a angler that was possibly not playing by the rules. I believe it turned out to be a false alarm, but the effort shown was incredible!
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Only Rooster could sleep in on the day of the Masters. Lol! Yes leadcore was allowed and aparently portable downriggers were also. So I guess another reason they probably can't open it to float tubes/kayaks would be if the number of people wanting to tube or yak was uneven then you have solo boat guys. But on the other hand, some might enjoy fishing by themselves. I guess that's why the Vine makes these decisions not me. Lol!

Come on people get those votes in!

TS

Good morning FNN:

Just wanted to chime in a little bit.
    "Sight" fishing will strictly be prohibited this Season.
    If you are on the shore,in a kayak or float tube and you see a fish and cast to it in the hopes that it will bite thats fine.
    If you see the fish, chase it down and snag it, well thats a move that will get you disqualified.
    We know the difference and if you know me at all you know I'm not scared to disqualify anyone cheating.
    I am going to be diligent about looking for fish brought in, fish snagged, people fishing the night before, people putting weights in their fish,
    people that catch and release etc....
    Our staff, security, volunteers and all of you fishing the tournament are watching so cheating and destroying your reputation is not a wise thing to do.
    You guys plunk down your hard earned money to fish these tournaments and my main concern is to keep these tournaments clean and the integrity of our tournaments intact.
    Rooster is correct in saying that in years past down riggers were not allowed. Last year "the bosses" decided to allow it and thats how it goes. The Board makes the decisions
    on what is allowed at the Masters because they are putting up the prize package.
    I'm sure the poll is being watched carefully and taken into consideration.
    The Masters tournament is not meant to be easy and of coarse we want to take everyone out of their comfort zone. Most of the qualifiers are very experienced fishermen
    with the best equipment, boats, fish finders, down riggers and every gadget available under the sun..
    So putting you in rental boats stripped down to bare essential puts everyone on an even playing field which is what we want.
    It makes for an interesting and challenging event that tests all of your skills, patience and endurance.
    P.s. I will be checking I.d's this season Lol.

I wish you all the very best of luck!
    Last edited by vineline; 09-14-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345